Nightmare

I was playing in a field, kicking around fallen autumn leaves. Nearby children screamed in joy, but I was on my own. I didn't mind so much, as this meant I could do whatever I wanted. It was a sunny, yet cold day, so everyone wore their warmest clothes. A child came up to me, a friend of mine. I could see her mouth moving, but I couldn't hear her. I asked her politely to repeat what she said, and I read her lips. "I don't want to be friends anymore, you're weird. Sorry." She walked away, leaving me to cry in the dead leaves. 

The scene changes, I'm now older, around thirteen. I walk by some girls, who trip me over. They apologize, but they don't mean it. They're laughing. They walk away, and I know they're talking about me. Why? What did I do?

The scenery changes once more. I'm in a forest at night, the stars bigger than they should be. I'm sitting on a bench, alone. I hear voices around me, but I cannot see anyone. I begin to float, but I take no notice of it. I'm only worried about the voices. Why can't I understand them? Who are they? What are they saying? I hate being confused, I hate being the butt of the joke, I hate this life, I want to get away-

The alarm clock blares, the vibrations and light waking me up. It's 7 am; Time for school. It was a dream, thank God. I don't want to live out those memories again. I start getting ready for school, showering, eating, and brushing my teeth. My parents gave me a tired "good morning" and I soon set out the door, my uniform neat and my hearing aids in. I felt determined to have a positive day, and not think about the nightmare. It was more of a recollection of events, but that's all in the past now. It doesn't matter. I've got new friends now. 

I get on the bus, wiping the sleep from my eyes, and I sit down near the front. Lucian soon got on and noticed me. "Hey, why don't we sit at the back?" He asked. I nodded and followed him. There were a few year 7's mingling around, laughing, and chatting. I look at Lucian, expecting him to turn to a different seat, but instead, he coughs loudly and glares at the children. They all look at him and quickly shuffle out of the way, not looking him in the eyes. Does Lucian have some sort of reputation? I sit down with him, and I feel him casually put his arm around me. My face heats up, but I don't say anything. It probably meant nothing anyway.

As the bus halted at a stop, a boy came on, a bit younger than me. He said something to Lucian and looked at me. "Are you Lucy's new girlfriend or something?" I look confused and begin to answer, but he laughs before I could talk. "Oh, you don't know? He fucks every girl who'll give him the time of day." Lucian bats him away and scowled at the boy. I suddenly felt very uncomfortable. Was he only being nice to me so he could take my virginity? I shuffled slightly away from him, trying to be discreet, but he saw. "I'm not like that. He's lying." He says. I try to believe him, but something's telling me he's not being entirely honest. I don't say anything, and the rest of the bus ride is filled with awkward silence. 

Once the bus stopped at school, everyone got off, and I started walking away. I saw Lucian talking to his other friends when a pretty girl walked up to him, kissing Lucian on the cheek. He brushed her off and ran up to me, saying goodbye. I wasn't really thinking. What if that girl's dating Lucian? What if Lucian is using me and her? I don't want her to get hurt. I walked away without acknowledging him. He seems like trouble. 

The day went by uneventfully, until lunch. I got myself something to eat and walked to the alleyway. Unfortunately, I got horribly lost. I was wandering nearby a tree when I saw a glimpse of someone I recognized sitting on the ground. Ezekiel! His dirty blonde hair swayed slightly in the breeze as he listened to music under the tree. I walked up to him and said hi. He took out his earbuds and asked if I could pull him up. I obliged, and let him hold my hand. Suddenly, he pulled with quite a bit of force, and I fell on top of him, straddling him. I immediately apologized and tried to get up, but he held my shoulders down, keeping me in place. "Why are you so desperate to go darling? Let's sit together for a bit." Ezekiel said. I was at a loss for words, my face burning and my mouth dry. Is he flirting? No one's ever flirted with me before. Oh my God, this is scary and weird and what is happenin- 

I feel myself get pulled up from under my arms, and I'm suddenly standing. It's Alexander, and he's fuming. "What is happening? Why was Y/N on top of you?" He directed toward Ezekiel. He only shrugged in response and got up off the ground with ease. Alexander looked at me, and I tried to explain, stumbling over my words. "He, uh, he wanted to be lifted up, and so I let out my hand, and I think- I think he pulled too much and I, um, tripped over, I don't know. I'm confused." I mumbled, words coming out without me thinking. Alexander didn't seem happy. He turned to me and started to sign. "If he ever tries something with you, let me know. I won't hesitate to kill him." I felt myself shiver involuntarily. Alexander is always kind and easygoing, why all of a sudden is he acting so scary? I brushed it aside, he probably didn't want me to get hurt, that's all.