Lucian's "Friend"

After departing, I ran straight to the bench on which I had previously fallen asleep. The bell had rung only a few minutes ago, so perhaps he'll still be there. However, upon arriving, there was no one there. Dejected, I walked to my last class, which was English. Sitting in class, I thought less about the coursework and more about what had happened. Sebastian didn't like Lucian, despite them being friends since Year 7. I wonder what had happened? I wrote down lines from Shakespeare and attempted to analyze them, but failed. I felt guilty for not talking to Lucian, he seemed really upset. Maybe I could talk to him on the bus.

The bell eventually rang, signaling the end of the day. I quickly packed my work into my bag and walked to the bus. It was crowded, students pushing against each other whilst trying to get home. I soon stepped on my bus, exiting the chaos. and saw Lucian near the back, with the girl I saw this morning. I sat down in the front and looked out the window. I felt the weight shift next to me; It was Lucian. "Where were you? We were supposed to talk by the bench." Anger and worry etched his face. I apologized profusely, telling him about what happened with Sebastian. Lucian clenched his fists at the mention of his name. 

"Y/N...Did anything happen in that forest?" He asked, hatred dripping from his voice like venom. "Truthfully, not much happened," I said. "However, he did touch my cheek, and I think he was looking at me while I was asleep? I'm not too sure though, sorry." Lucian clenched his fists harder, his knuckles turning white. "What a creep." I see him say. He suddenly grabbed my shoulders, staring into me. "Stay away from him, he's nothing but trouble. Please, promise me you'll stay away from him, I don't want you to get hurt, Y/N." He pleaded, his hands shaking from either worry or anger. I couldn't tell. "I'm sorry...I don't think I can promise that, but I'll take caution to make you feel better. I'll be more firm with Sebastian if he tries to take me out of school again. " I seemed to have calmed him down, as his strong grip on me loosened, and he slumped in his seat, staring into space. "Thank you, Y/N." He smiled. 

I then remembered something. "Oh! You were going to tell me about...um...the rumors." I say, a bit awkwardly. "Ah, right." He said. He sat up and turned to me, beginning to talk. Before he could get anything out, a perfectly manicured hand was placed on his shoulder from behind him. I look up to see the girl that was hanging out with Lucian from before. Could they be friends? "Hii, Lucie! Who's this girl? Why'd you suddenly leave?" She said in a sing-song voice, drawing her words longer than they possibly needed to be. It made it hard to lip-read, in all honesty. "Hi, Gabbie." Lucian replied, not even looking at her. By his body language, he was obviously annoyed and didn't attempt to hide it. Gabbie huffed, then looked at me with a glare. "So, who are you? What are you doing talking to Lucie?" I was a bit taken aback by her harsh tone, but maybe she was protective of her friends? "Hi, I'm Y/N, it's nice to meet you. Lucian and I were just chatting." I smiled. She giggled, before replying, "Y/N's kind of an ugly name, don't you think?" My smile strained, but I continued to be polite. Maybe I just misheard her. 

The bus began to slow to the first stop, and without warning, Lucian took my hand and stood up. "Piss off, Gabbie." Lucian lightly shoved her aside, and we got off the bus. I looked behind me to see Gabbie walking after us, enraged. She started yelling at us, to the point where I couldn't read her lips. My hearing aids whined and screeched, being as useless as ever. She seemed to be asking - no, yelling - a question. I pointed to my ears and said I'm deaf. She stopped, dumbfounded. She then smiled a fake, wide grin that seemed unnatural on her face. She walked up to me and started talking. "Heeeeelll...oooo," She shouted slowly, annunciating every syllable as if she was first learning how to talk. I was used to this, people talking to me like I was a baby, treating me like I'm stupid. I was getting irate at her behavior, but I kept calm. "Please don't talk to me like that, I can understand you as long as I can read your lips. Please talk normally, thank you." I say, reading off a mental script in my head. I've gotten this more times than I can count, so I'm used to saying this. 

Gabbie did not like this. "I doubt you're actually deaf. Besides that annoying lisp, you don't sound deaf." She snorted. I haven't gotten that as often, but it's not that uncommon to get remarks of faking. "I am deaf, here, look at my hearing aids," I show her as such, and she seems even more furious, somehow. Gabbie suddenly grabbed my hearing aids, ripping them out alongside a small strand of hair. I yelped in pain, bringing my hands up to my ears. It was wet. I brought my hands down to see a small amount of blood. I look up at Gabbie, confused and angry at the situation. I gasped. Gabbie was crushing my hearing aids under her shoes. If I couldn't hear much before, I couldn't hear anything now.