Chapter 13 Mischeif

Tawny wandered around the tower, bored. Tony and bruce were busy with something for shield and had told her they'd see her that evening for dinner, and Pepper was at the office taking care of Stark industries. With nothing else to do she headed for the living area hoping to watch some television. As she entered the room she came upon Steve and Loki glaring at each other.

"I do not wish to watch your ridiculous television show soldier." Loki sneered at Steve.

"It's a good show!" Steve defended, "besides why do you think you even get a vote?!"

They both quieted when they noticed Tawny standing in the doorway watching them.

"Good morning little one," Loki greeted her gently.

"M-morning," tawny replied hesitantly.

"Were you wanting to watch something?" Steve asked offering her the remote.

"W-what are y-you watching?" She asked inching her way towards a chair a few feet away from where the two men stood.

"A ridiculous show with ignorant mortals who can't answer simple questions!" Loki said snidely glaring at Steve.

"It's the game show jeopardy." The captain said to Tawny rolling his eyes at Loki.

"Oh how're th-they d-doing?"

"They are ignorant buffoons." Loki replied for Steve.

Steve looked down, "they do appear to be a bit clueless this episode." He admitted.

"Y-you're n-not watching it r-right." Tawny told them with a shy smile. "Th-the fun is an-answering y-yourself and m-mocking them wh-when they fail."

Loki sat instantly, "now that could actually make this show tolerable."

Steve was just happy to have the argument ended and sat to watch.

In 1891 Eugene Dubois found a skull cap of homo erectus on this Indonesian island.

"What is j-Java!" Tawny said happily.

"Java isn't that kind of slang for coffee?" Steve debated.

Tawny simply held up a finger and pointed.

'What is Lombok.' The contestant said confidently. A buzzer sounded immediately. 'Im sorry the correct answer was what is Java.'

"Told you!" Tawny taunted the screen happily.

Steve simply laughed. By the time the show was over Tawny and Loki were having a competition of sorts to see who could answer the question quickest and correctly, and Steve had dozed off in his chair.

"I grow tired of this display." Loki said finally with a yawn. "Let us have some real fun."

"Wh-what kind of f-fun?" Tawny asked suspiciously.

"Let us play a trick on my brother." Loki replied a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"W-won't he b-be mad?" The girl asked him worriedly.

Loki looked around to be sure they were alone before crouching down to her level. "Not everyone who gets angry takes it out on others Tawny. Thor is large and loud and a bit daft if you ask me but he wouldn't harm you. Besides he's used to my pranks he would doubt I still cared for him if I quit."

"A-are you s-sure?"

"Quite certain, yes." Loki held his hand out, "shall we?"

Tawny hesitantly placed her hand in Loki's and they ran off to cause chaos giggling all the while.

__________________________

Everyone was mingling in the living area, waiting for their dinner to arrive, when a roaring was heard from Thor's room.

"LOKI!!!!!!!!" Thor thundered.

Loki smirked while Tawny looked up nervously from her picture she was sketching. As they heard heavy footsteps approaching Tawny inched behind Tony and Bruce, who had been standing near the window talking.

Tony and Bruce looked from Loki to Tawny suspiciously. "What's going on guys?" Bruce questioned.

Tony focused on Tawny as she clung to his arm fearfully.

Everyone turned to see a furious looking Thor standing in the hallway.

"Pffftft" Natasha spluttered at the sight of him. "Thor your hair is green!" She said fighting laughter.

Everyone in the room started chuckling. Tony, having realized why Tawny was so nervous, was overcome with a feeling of pride. "Nice job kid" he whispered patting her back with his free hand.

She looked up at him questioningly then refocused on the still fuming Thor.

"Green hair Loki really?!" He continued to rant.

Bruce cleared his throat to get Thor's attention and nodded at the still nervous Tawny. "I'm sure it won't last forever and was all in good fun don't you think Thor?"

Thor looked at him confused, "what are you saying Dr?"

At this point Loki stood, still laughing, and spread his hands apart in acceptance. "Yes Thor you caught me, Tawny and I thought you could use a new look. do not worry the bottle said it would wash out...eventually."

Thor paused understanding dawning on his face. "Tawny? You helped my brother with his trick?"

Tawny held tighter to Tony's arm and nodded slowly. "Y-y-yes" she admitted nervously.

Most of the adults gave Thor warning looks as he approached the now shaking girl. "Well done young one." Thor spoke quieter than the others had ever heard him before as he knelt in front of Tawny. "While I do not love my new look" he chuckled slightly, "I can appreciate the humor in my now green hair." He held his hand out to her, "you have bested me."

Tawny looked at him shocked before finally loosening her grip on Tony's, now numb, arm and shaking his hand a grin finally gracing her face.

__________________________

Sort of another fluff chapter I hope that's ok with all of you. As usual I love comments I hope you enjoyed it and I'll go write more now lol see you soon readers