Chapter 22 Fatherhood

Tony walked along holding his daughter's hand securely in his. It had been eight weeks since her return to the tower and today was their first day out. They were walking through the park in a comfortable silence Tawny looking around happily. "So I wanted to talk to you short stuff." Tony began nervously.

"Bout what daddy?" Tawny asked smiling.

Tony marveled at the trusting open expression on her face and the stark contrast it made to the day he'd met her nearly six months ago. "About the baby.."

"Oh," she looked down nervously still not totally confident in her position in their lives.

"Tawny, Pepper and I love you very much." Tony said squeezing her hand gently in reassurance. "The baby won't change that. We want you to know that you're just as important to us do you understand?"

"Promise?" She whispered close to tears.

Tony pulled her into his arms loving the fact that she no longer flinched when he did so. "Cross my heart kid." The duo resumed walking headed for the carrousel. "Now onto the next thing Pepper told me we had to talk about. We never did get you that placement test and you're too smart not to be learning stuff."

Tawny opened her mouth to protest, "I don't..."

"So you've been through a lot and I've only just got you in my life I'm not interested in sending you to school." Tony said cutting her off, "I want you around I want to be able to share projects with you and get to know you even better. That being said we're going to get you a tutor to teach you all the boring stuff how's that sound?"

"I don't have to go away? You want to keep me with you?" She questioned shocked.

"That's it kiddo."

Tawny leapt into his arms happily, "thank you thank you thank you!" She squealed.

"Good decision then?" Tony laughed hugging her in return.

"The best!" Tawny agreed happily. "Now, can we ride the carousel? Pleeeeease?"

Tony laughed at his daughter, finally she was able to be a normal child. Well actually he figured eleven was a bit old to be excited for the carousel... but hey she'd missed out on whatever stage that was appropriate for. "Yes sure you can ride the carousel."

Two Hours and three carousel rides later they walked into nanna's for a drink. "Good afternoon nanna." Tony greeted confident grin firmly in place.

"Oh there she is!" Nanna squealed ignoring Tony in favor of the small girl beside him. "You've done a great job with her Tony, you look great sugar!"

Tawny giggled hugging nanna tightly. "Thank you nanna, for everything, and I'm really sorry about causing you to fall."

"Listen sugar", Nancy said in a no nonsense tone, "it was an accident and not at all your fault I shouldn't have had Jake put it in the hallway like that and I should have been more careful you understand?"

"Yes ma'am." Tawny replied with a relieved smile.

"Tony I cannot believe this girl is yours!" Nanna laughed shaking her head. "I am so glad everything worked out sweetheart. Now just know if he gets to driving you crazy over there you can always come stay with me for a day or two."

"Oh no." Tony interrupted adamantly, "I just got her, she's not going anywhere for a long time got it missy?" He said crossing his arms.

"Yes dad," Tawny replied giggling.