Chapter 21 Hello

Pepper walked briskly down the hall towards where Tawny lay. It had been five days since her return and in that time Tony had barely left her side. As she entered the room she found the two people she loved the most sound asleep, Tony's head resting near their hands. "Tony," she whispered waking him gently, "Tony you have to get out of here just for a little while. You can do a shower have some food take a nap in your own bed, come on."

"No I can't." Tony said rubbing his eyes tiredly. "I can't leave her Pep I have to be here when she wakes up."

"Tony you need your rest."

"I was just resting." he insisted pointing at the spot his head had been moments before.

"No that is not resting." pepper insisted crossing her arms, "that is passing out for brief periods from exhaustion."

"Tomato tomaato" Tony said with a shrug.

"Dad?" A small voice called quietly from the bed.

Tony whirled around going back to her side instantly. "Hey kid, how you feeling?"

"Thirsty, and sore." Tawny whispered.

"Well the thirsty I can fix right now," Tony said happy to have a problem he could fix for her.

"Thank you" she whispered as she accepted the glass. "Is he gone?"

Tony took her hand gently in his, "he'll never touch you again, I promise."

"Are you upset with me?" Tawny whispered poking at her blanket.

"Why would I be upset with you?"

"I didn't tell you," she glanced up at him worriedly. "I didn't tell you you're my dad."

"I'm not mad at you," Tony sighed looking towards the doorway Pepper had apparently snuck out of to give them some privacy. "I was a bit....uh I don't know sad you didn't think you could tell me. You should have told me kiddo, your mom should have told me. I'm not mad though, I guess I get it. I just wish I'd been there wish I'd known you from the moment you were born. I..." Tony tailed off unable to fully express how he felt tears for the years he'd missed and the might have been a fighting to escape his eyes.

Tawny tugged him towards her slightly elevated position on the bed and wrapped her arms tightly around his neck. "It's ok you're here now." she whispered reassuringly.

"You sure you're my kid?" Tony joked, "because I'm not nearly as forgiving as you."

"Must be mom's side." Tawny responded mirroring Tony's grin.

Tony placed a gentle kiss on her hair and smiled, "it's good to have you back kid, I love you."

Tawny smiled broadly, "I love you too daddy."

__________________________
(Wow I could totally end it here....but I won't there's more I want to do 😉 aren't you pleased.)
__________________________

Tony walked down the hall the weight that had been dragging him down since Tawny's kidnapping finally lifted.

"Good day sir Stark!" Thor thundered up ahead.

"Hey point break" Tony replied grinning.

"I was going to see young Tawny." Thor told him smiling gently. "Lady Pepper tells us she has awakened."

"She has yep but she's resting now."

"Oh that is quite alright another time perhaps." Thor replied cheerfully. "how does it feel man of iron, to find out you have a child?"

"Uh I don't know," Tony chuckled, "I'm still processing I think. I mean I find out she's my daughter hours after I find out she's been kidnapped. Haven't really taken a moment to absorb that."

"Having a child is not something you come to terms with or absorb." Loki told them in his dark silky voice appearing seemingly from nowhere. "When you have a child there's only one thing you need to realize, from now on no matter what there is a being who's happiness and wellbeing matters more to you than you ever dreamed possible. The only thing to accept is how frightening that is."

"Well that's very insightful reindeer games." Tony said only partially hiding his shock with sarcasm.

"You'd be amazed at how insightful I can truly be." Loki replied confidently.

__________________________

Sorry this one took so long (well actually a day isn't really terrible I suppose lol) my husband was heading back to work today (he's gone for a week at a time) and the kids seemed to know that it was one meltdown after another so had a hard time finding chances to write. Anyway I hope you liked this chapter even though it's a tad short. See you soon