Chapter 24 Baby

-time hop 9 months after the baby's birth.-

Pepper sat up in bed suddenly. "Tony, Tony wake up!"

Tony raised his head sleepily, "hmmm what Pep?"

"Someone's in the baby's room I heard something." She said worriedly.

Tony jumped up and raced from the room pieces of his suit attaching to him as he went. He slowed as he recognized the soft sweet voice coming out the slightly opened doorway.

"Shhhhhh it's ok sissy it's ok." she whispered to her sister unaware of their audience. "Im here you're not alone. I'm gonna teach you so much! I'll always be here for you, I'll always be your friend, and I'll never let anyone hurt you ever."

The baby couldn't know the depth of her big sister's words. How she'd dreamt of someone doing those things for her. She simply gurgled at her sister enjoying the sound of her voice.

"And daddy and Mom...." Tawny paused uncertainly, "they're great you're a lucky baby, we're lucky."

Pepper covered her mouth happy tears in her eyes, overjoyed that Tawny thought of her as a mother.

Tony sent his suit away and slipped quietly into the room. "Hey kiddo, Whatcha doin?"

"Reese was crying?"

"Was she? We didn't hear her.." Tony told her puzzled as to how they'd missed it.

"Well... she whimpered." Tawny admitted smiling guiltily.

Tony chuckled, "sweetheart I'm so happy you love your sister but at bedtime it's better if we all stay in our rooms unless we really need something."

"I don't want her to feel alone," Tawny whispered tears filling her eyes.

"Well you don't have to worry about that kiddo." Tony reassured hugging her gently. "You both have each other and Pepper and I and all the avengers. You don't have to worry about being alone ever again. I can't promise that nothing bad will ever happen or that everything will always be perfect. I can promise though, that you'll always have someone who loves you ok?"

Tawny smiled sleepily and hugged her dad tight, "you sure she'll know we're here for her?"

"She knows i promise now back to bed shorty."

"Night daddy....night Pe-mom."

___________________________

That's the end guys I got nothing else for this story I hope it was good I may write a second book about the girls later. Until then I'm really really loving the book (unlike loki) im only about halfway through but so far it's awesome so if you love loki like I do go read that. Anyway I've loved writing this and all your comments. Hopefully I'll see you guys in my next book until then bye