Part 2B - Pre- Engagement romance

Thank you for all the love you guys have shown me.. so grateful ❤
Here's the next part... hope you like it🤞
_____________________________

After breakfast, Anuj left as he had an important meeting that couldn't be postponed, so he decided to wrap it up by lunchtime and come home before the engagement..

Anu spent the morning getting her matching jewelry and makeup ready to match with the saree.. and reading Anuj's note every alternate minute and smiling and blushing happily thinking about him.. missing him.. wanting to see him and run straight into his arms..

Anuj wrapped up his work and returned home.. but couldn't go to meet Anu, as their families had arrived and were determined not to let them meet before the engagement..

Mukku was with Anuj, and Devika with Anu, in their respective apartments, helping them get ready, teasing them and making sure they don't sneak out to meet each other. The rest of the family members were on the terrace, doing the the last minute preparations.

(Anuj's apartment)

When Anuj was ready, and just setting his hair.. Mukku started shouting..

Mukku: "Kya bhai yaar.. ek ghante se baal set kiye jaa rahe ho.. apne honeymoon pe bhi aisa hi karoge kya.. aur phir aap bolte ho bichari bhabhi ko ki woh daant ti hain.. aise karoge toh pakka chappal se maaregi woh"

Anuj:" Bacchi kya bol rahi hai tu.."

Mukku :" Kya bacchi bacchi.. chalo niklo room se bahaar jaakar baitho.. mujhe ready hona yaha"

And before he could protest she pushed him out of his own bedroom and locked the door..

(Meanwhile, at Anu's apartment)
Devika had helped her wear that gorgeous saree, and some light makeup, and had styled her open hair too, giving her light curls..

Devika: " Oh ho.. aaj toh Anuj pakka behosh hone waala hai"

Anu :" Chup karne Devika.. jabse se aayi bas mujhe chida rahi hai.. main bahar jaake woh wall mirror me dekh ke jewellery pehen lungi.. tu yahan par ready hoja"

She goes out into the living room, while Anuj, bored and terribly missing her, decides to take a chance and go see her..
He sneaks out of his house quietly, comes to her door and is about to knock, hoping that it would be Anu who opens the door and not Devika..

Anuj (to himself): "Yaar Anu daategi toh nahi na?"

The very next moment
Anuj(to himself) :" Aaj uski daant to kya, belan, chimta, chappal sabse maar kha lunga.. bas mujhe usse dekhna hai"

And lightly knocks on the door..
Anu thinks it must be someone from her family and opens the door, and sees Anuj there.. she is spellbound seeing him, more handsome than ever, proudly wearing her gift..

Anuj is mesmerized too.. and keeps looking at her, dazed...

Anu looks at his eyes.. never leaving her even for a second.. shies away.. and goes to the mirror..
She had one diamond earring on, the other was still in her hand.. and the necklace and bangles on the table..

Anuj, trying to come out of his daze,

Anuj: " Kismat ne aaj phir ek haseen shaam sajayi hai

Ishq ke rang me saj kar, woh humare liye ayi hai"

A

nu smiles a bit more, still looking into the mirror, with her back to him, anticipating and wondering what comes next..

Anuj walks up toh her... stands very close behind her.. his sturdy chest almost touching her back.. making her go weak in the knees.. his cologne driving her crazy..
He puts his arms around her, holds her hand and takes the earring from it, and just as she felt she would faint..
He withdraws his hands.. gently moving away her hair to one side he places the earring on her ear, and bends forward to place a gentle kiss on her earlobe.. then, not moving away even by an inch, his lips still by her ear.. whispers..