Part 2C - The Engagement

Hello everyone!!
Thank you so much for your votes and encouraging comments, each one of them brings a huge smile on my face and makes my day.. ❤
Here's the engagement, yeah, FINALLY, and this is a bit longer than the other parts..
Hope you like it!

__________________________

Devika was taking Anu to the terrace.. for the engagement.
Anuj and Mukku were already there.. and so was everyone else.
Anu had decided to act annoyed at Anuj.. as because of him, she was mercilessly teased by Devika.. but she had enjoyed the teasing too.. so she thought she'll pretend to be annoyed at him after the engagement.. for some time.. and then tell him she was just kidding..

After their engagement.. everyone leaves, and Anupama and Anuj are left alone..
Anu doesn't talk to Anuj, stands with her back to him..

Anuj:" Arre Anu kya hua.. itna gussa kyu ho mujhse.. maine aisa bhi kya kardiya.. apni hone waali biwi se mil bhi nahi sakta kya main.."

Anu: "woh sab mujhe nahi pata.. aapke aur mukku ke jaane ke baad Devika toh mere peeche hi pad gayi thi.. kitna chidhaya usne mujhe.. aur ab iss baat pe zindagi bhar chidhati rahegi..."

Anuj: "Haan toh main aa gaya toh kya tum jaane le liye nahi keh sakti thi mujhe"

Anu:" Aap jaiye mujhe nahi baat karni aapse kaha ne"

Anuj: "theek hai.. jaata hun.. next time nahi aaunga tumse milne.. "

As he turns away...
Anu runs to him and hugs him from behind, head head pressed on his back, and hands clutching on to his front..

Anu: "Anuj main toh mazaak kar rahi thi😂😂"

Anuj(pouting) : "Aisa mazaak kon karta hai Anu.. tumhe pata haina tum naraaz hoti ho toh meri jaan nikal jaati hai.."

Anu: Suri suri suri 😂

Anuj turns towards her..

Anuj: "Ab galti ki hai toh sirf suri bolnese kaam nahi chalega.. punishment bhi milegi.."

Anu: "Kaisi punishment.."

Anuj, smirking, walks towards her.. as she steps back.. and slowly, her back hits a wall..
Anuj comes very close to her.. so close that they can feel each other's breaths on their faces..
Anu's heartbeats escalate.. Anuj inches a bit more closer.. and Anu was sure she was going to faint in the next few seconds..

"Anu.. Anu.. ANUUUUU"

She feels someone holding her shoulder.. and jerking her.. and realises she was dreaming all this standing at the door of her apartment.. and Devika was shaking her out of her dream to take her to the terrace to her engagement...

Devika:" Tu kahan sapno me kho gayi.. tere sapno ka rajkumar toh wahaan upar tera besabri se wait kar raha hai.. chal ab🤣🤣"

Anupama just blushes at her own imagination.. and lightly hits her head..

They walk to the terrace.. and Samar and Kinjal who are standing by the entrance, shouted, "Mummy aagayiii"

And Anuj, who's eyes were already glued to the entrance since he'd come.. was mesmerized yet again, even though he'd seen her earlier..

As she started walking towards him.. he took his guitar and started singing-" Tujhme Rab Dikhta hai " and his gaze didn't even budge from her eyes.. neither did hers..
She went and stood beside him.. with tears in his eyes.. as he completed the song.. she was smiling.. and so was everyone else.. everyone started hooting, clapping and cheering..

He just smiled looking at her smile too, kept the guitar aside.. and wiped her tears with his hand.. saying;
Anuj: "Ab bas.. tumhe jitna rona tha tumne ro liya.. ab main tumhari aankho me ek aansu bhi nahi aane dunga meri jaan"