THRESHOLD

" No one is allowed....."

Non audacious words flown out, Queries exchanged through eyes. Fury glimmering eyes frightened the powerless guards who stopped the grandson of revered Bharadwaj. Mighty brahmin yodha gritted out his rage....

As if justifying their act those guards who guarded the current commander in chief's tent blurted out, " forgive us....it's an order from our majesty....."

Drauni's eyes shone in moonlight.... suppressing anger he heaves out breaths with clenched fist and jaw. He snarls in anger, " Hide like a coward......"

Gulping down the fear, those guards watched the beloved son of Bharadwajputr walking away. Shadow of his well built body moved along with him like a snake, his dusky skin glistened under moon rays. The sound of leaves crushed under his foot reached on their ears.........

His fisted palms sweats and he loosened it with a release of breath. Impassively gazed all around and unknowingly his feets carried him to the only kaurava left alive. Thought of his friend wiped the rising anger in his heart....sweats rolled down and felt his throat drying in anticipation. He ignored the feel of weakness by gulping down the lump of pain........

It's... it's like he walking over dead bodies...the wind filling his nostrils with rotten smell of flesh and blood. Wimbers of ladies dancing on his ear drums. His heart throbbed as he neared the royal shibir of elder kaurava who well known for his greed.....

It's been sixteen days....yes sixteen worst days to the entire aryavart. Damn sure...each moment of these sixteen days will take place in history. Last day he lost him.....father........
Rage which brimmed by the thought of his father's death went died when images of the current day flashed in his vision.........

He hardly controlled the urge to puke and shook away that image of second kaurava prince who became a bloodied meatball by the hands of glorious divine vayuputr.....such a monster. Ungrateful souls he ever had met, how even indraputr could let his father die like that.....father....he always favored that imbecile, at the end what he got in reply??

Knowing thoughts and anger ruling his sanity he took deep breaths, this maybe the reason why radheya locked himself away from all others. No one is in a right position after war had happened.....these murders and deaths are shaking their entire existence. Still how that idiot can stay calm in a tent after what happened today....that too when he were the prestigious commander of kauravasena........

******************

Darkness ruled all around and a silhouette sat on a normal wooden chair stirred a little. It's an wonder how that chair carrying such a gigantic form. His eyelids were heavy and with effort he opened it, he burps a little after feeling the cold touch of gold goblet still in his hold...... His peaky eyes searched everywhere for a little more of that drink which can make him forget everything....all pain...even himself.........

His slurry command came in annoyance, " Dushy...you idiot.... Where is my drink?? get it..."

His voice met with deep silence and vision got blurred by recalling the day....the same day which he want to forget forever. Ignoring the weight and dizziness on head he tries to get up and fell losing balance, two strong arms got hold of his well built body which caused him to stope from falling down.

King of uttarpanchal stutters like a feeble one, " Mitr Duryodhan........"

Falling back to the same wooden chair he states calmly, " Ashwa....He is no more......."