i

"Breaking news: the world's most dangerous and wanted man, Harry Edward Styles, has been finally captured in his hideout and is currently awaiting trial. Styles has raped, tortured, killed and dipped hundreds of innocent victims in acid. The police have been baffled at the lack of evidence to his whereabouts for five years. Until now. Styles always evaded the law, never leaving a fingerprint or a single hair at his gruesome crime scenes. Two young boys stumbled upon the 21 year old in a warehouse where he had been hiding out, and discovered him eating the remains of one of their little sisters. They fled and called the police; while Styles continued his sickening act, completely unaware. More information is to come."

I stared at the television in shock while my father tutted in disgust at it. He shook his head.

"There shouldn't even be a trial," he spat. "He should be burned at the stake." His nose turned up in hatred. I sat silently next to him, my legs pulled up to my chest as I rested my chin on them. The screen turned to a photo of the killer; his head bowed away from the camera. The only thing I could make out from this sick man's features was his long curly brown hair. The screen flashed back to the blonde reporter. I turned away from her and stood, my heart paining. I cleared my throat.

"I'm going to bed. I need to be up early for work." I said quietly, fiddling with the hem of my shirt as I bowed my head to my father. His piercing grey eyes flashed to my face and I cringed.

He thinned his lips.

"Excuse me?"

I licked my lips. "May I please go to bed sir? I have to get up early for work tomorrow." I whispered, not making eye contact. He was silent for a few seconds before answering, his deep voice rumbling in his chest.

"You may go." He dismissed me, looking back to the TV.

I silently left the room, closing the door quietly behind me before climbing the stairs and entering my bedroom, quickly changing into a pair of sweats and a cami before crawling into bed, flopping down with a tired sigh and curling up, my thoughts racing. Harry Styles had finally been caught. I knew he was a monster but I was only just hearing about his cannibalism now. I frowned and shuddered at the thought of that poor innocent girl, probably just exploring, only to come face to face with a true monster. I squeezed my eyes closed and buried my head into my pillow. Soon I fell asleep, my dreams chased my a cold eyed curly haired man driving a knife into my flesh.

I woke at half five, bleary eyed and grouchy. I slapped at my alarm quickly and slipped out of bed, pausing to listen for my father. I heard his snoring and sighed quietly in relief. I got dressed quickly, pulling on my new uniform. It was a white nurses uniform. I looked in the mirror and noticed my name tag was crooked. I reached up and fixed it, rubbing my sleeve on it to give it a shine. I looked in the bathroom mirror and at my reflection. The girl staring back at me showed no sign of what I felt, apart from a slight hint of fear in her light grey eyes. I pulled my light brown hair up into a ponytail, pursing my lips in discontent as it wasn't as straight as I would like it to be, but there was nothing I could do about it now, there was no time.

I walked quietly downstairs, grabbing my car keys and slipping out the front door quietly.

As I was driving to my first day of work, I drummed my fingers against the steering wheel in time to my whirring heart beat. I switched on the radio and immediately wished I hadn't.

"Breaking news: the notorious Harry Styles has been found guilty of all charges last night in a secret court. He will be transferred to St Mary's Asylum in Brooklyn, New York, where he will be held until his death sentence has been decided."

My breathing hitched and my grip tightened on the wheel. Harry Styles was going to be in the same building as me. I was going to work in the same building as Harry Styles. Every nerve in my body was screaming at me to turn around, resign and get another job. I pursed my lips together and continued driving. I needed this job. It was the only one I could find and it had good pay. I would not be a failure. My father was depending on me. I could do this. I hope.