ii

I gulped and stared at Harry. His eyes drifted half closed and he began mumbling. I leaned in to hear better. Mistake. I cringed away, clapping my hands to my ears and struggling. My finger was inching towards the panic button on my bracelet until Harry's eyes snapped open and glared straight at mine with such clarity that it felt like an ice cube down my back. I didn't dare break eye contact.

"Get out. Now." He said with such force that made the colour drain from my face. He released my wrist and I stumbled back, cradling my arm as I grabbed the tray and sprinted out the door, slamming it shut behind me and locking it so fast it hurt my fingers. I move away from the door and managed a few shaky steps before my legs gave out. I slid to the floor and pulled my phone out of my pocket, dialling the number and pressing my lips together to stop myself from crying. Louis answered on the first ring.

"Angel? What's wrong?" he asked quickly, worry in his tone. I sniffed and rubbed at my eyes.

"I-I need help. Harry-"

"Did he hurt you? I'm sending help now." he cut me off.

"Louis- I-I think he's going to get out." I whispered, cringing away from the cell door.

"What?" he sounded alarmed. I drew in a shaky breath.

"He took his medicine and I think it was the wrong stuff. I just- I need-" I cut off, staring at Harry's cell. His emerald eyes peered back at me. How did the tablets wear off so quickly?

The door burst open and two male officers came in. One was middle aged and the other looked to be around Louis and Liam's age. The older nurse glared at Harry and pulled out a set of keys. The younger blonde was holding a tray and turned to me. He crouched down in front of me and gave me a gentle smile.

"You alright? Did he hurt you?" His thick Irish accent was as comforting as his crystal blue eyes. I shook my head and he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Did he hurt you?"

I held my hand out to him, the skin red. His eyes widened slightly and he swivelled to the nurse who was unlocking the door.

"Be careful Adam!" he said sharply. The nurse gave him a withering look and unlocked the door, pulling it open and shoving Harry forcefully into the wall. I watched as he handcuffed him and pushed him to the bed forcefully. He turned around to face the nurse kneeling protectively in front of me.

"Niall, I need the meds." He barked, his hand fixed on Harry's shoulder, whose eyes were fixed on me. He glanced at Niall as he stood and walked to the older nurse and handed him the tray. He turned back and walked away, his face blank as he stood in front of me. He bent over and held out his hands.

"Come on, let's get you out of here." He said softly, pulling me up and guiding me out the door. He sat me on a chair used for visitors waiting to see the patients. They had never been occupied while Harry was here.

Niall knelt down in front of me, his hands clasped in between his legs.

"I'm going back in there to help Adam; I'll be back before you know it." He said softly, rising. We both turned to see Louis hurrying towards us. When he saw me he quickened his pace, stopping next to Niall and crouching down in front of me. His blue eyes were full of worry and concern as he frowned.

"Are you okay? What happened?" He turned to Niall, his eyes fierce.

"Why didn't you go with her? You know she's not supposed to be on her own in there!" He spat, rising to look Niall in the eye. Niall was at least four inches taller than him and it showed when Louis squared up to him. Niall narrowed his eyes at him and folded his arms.

"You were supposed to page me, how was I supposed to know she was there?" He shot back, his accent thickening. Louis clenched his jaw.

"You were given a timetable, I shouldn't have to page you." He hissed, getting up into his face. I scrambled up and stood in between them, pushing my hands out so they rested on each of their chests. I could feel their rapid angry breathing and gulped.

"Stop! I'm fine, it doesn't matter, I should have paged you Niall. It isn't his fault Louis." I said soothingly. Louis pulled away first, his normally gentle eyes now cold. I cringed from his harsh glare and looked away. We all jumped when the door slammed, looking over to see Adam closing and locking the door behind him. His cold eyes burned into mine before he spoke.

"Next time, take a damn guard with you." he barked, striding forward. I shrank back and scrambled behind Louis who straightened and crossed his arms and glared at him. I met Adam's eyes and moved properly behind Louis, catching hold of his shirt. Niall coughed and moved next to Louis.

"Leave her alone Adam, she's only new." He snapped, and I could fell the burning gaze of the guard. I kept my eyes on Louis' back and noticed he had a freckle on the back of his neck. After a minute of Niall and Louis staring down Adam I heard his boots clunking away. Louis sighed in frustration before turning to me, forcing me to let go of his shirt. He raised an eyebrow. "You okay?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowing. I nodded shakily. Niall's eyes widened. He lunged forward and caught me before my head hit the ground.

...

"Call someone!"

"Who the bloody hell can I call? We're in a mental hospital!"

"I know you idiot!"

I moaned quietly, moving my head slightly. Big mistake. Pain flared through my temple and spread to my brain, throbbing. It felt like a white hot knife had been shoved in. I whimpered quietly and tried moving my hands. My ice cold fingers caught hold of warm ones and they gripped mine.

"Angel?" I recognised that voice.

"Put her in the recovery position." A deep voice rasped. One that I had heard minutes before. I cracked my eyes open to see Harry standing before us, his arms crossed as he leaned against the bulletproof glass. He had a deep frown etched into his face.

"You're the only one that knows first aid Harry!" I heard a voice snap. Did I just hear Louis say that?

"Shut up!" Niall hissed, shoving Louis out of the way and kneeling in front of me.

"Grab her hand farthest from you and put it against her cheek. Hold it there. She's awake, I can see her eyes open." Harry instructed, and my eyelids flickered.

"Angel?" I looked to Louis, and realised it was Niall's hand that now grasped mine. I squeezed it gently and started moving, trying to sit up. Niall supported me, helping me up. I groaned and put a hand to my head.

"How long was I out for?" I croaked, closing my eyes when I started seeing two Harry's staring at me.

"Five minutes. Are you alright? Do you need me to get someone?" Louis said, his eyes darting from me to Harry and back again. I shook my head.

"Can we get out of here? Please." I whispered, leaning on Niall as I shakily stood.

They both nodded, standing and ushering me out the door. I glanced up to them and saw Louis looking back at Harry. He mouthed something, but I couldn't tell what it was. Just before the door slammed, I turned to look at Harry. His piercing eyes glared back at me as the door slammed.