vx

Guys I am so so sorry! I am completely swamped with schoolwork and a few personal things, I haven't had any time for updating Maniac or any other books, so to make it up I am attaching this edit, I liked the song and I was listening to it as I wrote this, enjoy!x

I kept my lips pressed tightly together as Harry sped down the road in his car, two more cars following closely behind us as we raised dust clouds. I dug my fingers into the leather seats, clenching my teeth together tightly to prevent me from screaming. Harry had been completely silent since I entered the car, but I could practically feel the anger rolling off him. I stole a brave glance at him an quickly looked away when I saw him clench his jaw and slam his hand on the steering wheel, making me jump.

"Oh stop being such a baby." He snarled at me, and I bit my lip, keeping my head down as he shifted the gear. He shouted a curse word as the car stalled and quickly moved the gearstick, growling profanities as he tried to get the car moving again. I looked up to see the other two cars overtake us.

Harry was so preoccupied with getting the car started that I took my chance. I grabbed the door handle and yanked on it as hard as I could, and my heart soared when it opened. I instantly took my seatbelt off and was about to lunge out of the car, into the welcoming arms of the sunlight, until a large hand wrapped itself in my hair and jerked me painfully back. I let out a scream and the passers by stopped and stared at me.

"Help!" The scream fell from my lips before I was yanked back inside, Harry leaning over me to slam the door shut and locking the car doors. He shot me a look that chilled me to the bones and I felt tears prick my eyes as I shied away from him. He raised his hand and I flinched, preparing myself for the blow. After a few moments the car started again and I opened one eye to look over at Harry. He gave me a venomous look and bared his teeth.

"Don't think you're getting out of a punishment for that little stunt." He growled, and I whimpered.

"I swear to God if you do that one more time I will throw you over that fucking bridge." He snapped at me, pressing his foot down on the pedal. I pressed myself into the seat, not moving apart from trying to stifle a scream as Harry swerved dangerously around a corner, almost throwing me into the windshield.

"Put your fucking seatbelt on!" He snapped, shooting me a glare. I quickly obeyed him, catching the fabric in my hands and yanking it across my body, locking it into the ejector as we shot around another corner. My eyes widened when I saw the scene unfold before us. There were dead bodies everywhere, cars with blown out windows and bullet-riddled bodies were strewn about the street. Zayn was crouched behind one of them, blood spatters covering his face and clothes as he fired round after round at unknown shooters. Harry skidded to a stop in front of him, not flinching as the bullets hit the car. Zayn yanked open the backseat and threw himself in, slamming it behind him as Harry revved the car, reversing so quickly it gave me whiplash.

"You alright?" Harry asked Zayn, looking briefly into the rear view mirror to glance at his friend. Zayn didn't answer, his breath coming in short, ragged pants as he laid out against the seats, his eyes closed and arm over his forehead. Which, incidentally was the one holding the gun. I watched him warily, and his eyes suddenly opened, meeting mine. I flushed and looked away quickly, knowing I had been caught.

"I couldn't get them off my tail." Zayn said hoarsely, making Harry glance at him again. His grip tightened on the wheel and I cringed, making him scowl at me.

I looked into the side mirror, my eyes widening when my eyes caught sight of the cars which were covering the shooters which I couldn't see. I turned to Harry, my eyes wide. I reached out and tugged on his sleeve, making him glare at me. I cringed back, but his eyebrows furrowed when he saw the frantic look in my eyes.