𝐖𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐠𝐨

•••

•••

Rory looked up as Sam gasped awake in the passenger seat. Dean noticed as well and looked over at their brother.

"You okay?" Dean asked him.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Sam nodded.

"Another nightmare?" Rory asked.

Sam cleared his throat, ignoring the question, wanting to change the subject.

"Want to drive for a while?" Dean asked.

Rory's jaw dropped.

Sam chuckled and looked over at Dean.

"In your whole life, you never once asked me that." He stated.

"Just thought you might want to. Never mind." Dean said.

"I want to! I wanna drive!" Rory told Dean.

"Ain't gonna happen." He shook his head.

"That's not fair!" Rory furrowed her brows.

"You're twelve!" Dean stated.

Rory crossed her arms over her chest and turned to face her window, ignoring eye contact with her oldest brother in the rearview mirror.

Sam lightly chuckled and grabbed the map off the dash.

"Alright." He cleared his throat. "Where are we?"

"We are—"

"We're just outside of grand junction. Ha! Beat you to it!" Rory cut her brother off.

Dean rolled his eyes at her.

Sam inhaled deeply.

"You know what? Maybe we shouldn't have left Stanford so soon." He said.

"Sam, we dug around there for a week. We came up with nothing." Dean stated. "If you want to find the thing that killed Jessica..."

"Got to find dad first." Sam finished the sentence.

"Dad disappearing, and this thing showing up again after 20 years? It's no coincidence. Dad will have answers. He'll know what to do." Dean said.