𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫

Rory ate her bacon across from Dean as they sat in a booth. Dean was circling something on the newspaper with his pen, which meant he found something worth looking into.

The waitress came over to their table, leaning against it towards Dean, pushing her chest out.

"Can I get you anything else?" She asked him.

Dean looked up at her with his pen in between his teeth, and he grinned.

"Some bleach?" Rory asked under her breath, turning her head away from the two as she gagged.

"Just the check, please." Sam said as he came to the table, sitting down beside Dean.

"Okay." The girl nodded and walked off, gently swaying her hips.

Dean dropped his head in a disappointed manner.

"You know, Sam, we are allowed to have fun once in a while." He told Sam.

He looked back to the waitress who was walking through the kitchen.

"That's fun." He pointed at her.

Sam gave him a look.

"Here, take a look at this. I think I got something." Dean slid the newspaper to him. "Lake Manitoc, Wisconsin— last week, Sophie Carlton, 18, walks into the lake, doesn't walk out. Authorities dragged the water— nothing. Sophie Carlton is the third Lake Manitoc drowning this year. None of the other bodies were found, either. They had a funeral two days ago."

"A funeral?" Rory questioned.

"Yeah. They buried an empty coffin for closure or whatever." Dean stated.

"Closure?" Sam questioned. "What closure? People don't just disappear, Dean. Other people just stop looking for them." He said.

Rory looked to Dean as he put a hand on his thigh, and his elbow on the table. She nervously gulped.

He reminded her of John when he did that.

"Something you want to say to me?" Dean questioned Sam.

"The trail for dad— it's getting colder every day." Sam stated.

"Exactly. What are we supposed to do?" Dean asked.

"I don't know. Something. Anything."

"You know what? I'm sick of this attitude." Dean told him. "You don't think me and Rory want to find dad as much as you do?"

"Yeah, I know you guys do—"

"We're the ones that have been with him every single day for the past two years while you've been off to college going to pep rallies." Dean stated.

Rory looked between them.

"We will find dad, but until then, we're gonna kill everything bad between here and there, okay?" Dean told his brother.

The two stared at each other for a moment before the waitress walked by, catching Deans attention.

"Alright, lake manitoc." Sam said, but Dean wasn't paying any attention. "Hey."