𝐇𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐌𝐚𝐧

Rory ran back to the table Dean sat at with Sam's laptop. She grabbed her hot chocolate and took a sip of it, setting it back down on the table.

"Are you watching? Dee, you're not watching!" She said to Dean, nearly bouncing up and down.

"I'm watching!" Dean told her.

"Keep watching! I'll get it, I promise!" Rory told him, running back over to her skateboard.

"Okay!" Dean nodded, he looked up as Sam started walking back to the table. "Hey, your half-caff venti vanilla latte is getting cold over here, Francis."

"Bite me." Sam sat down in his chair.

"So, anything?" Dean asked, glancing back at Rory who was trying to do an Ollie.

"I had them check the FBI's missing-persons databank." Sam started. "No John Does fitting Dad's description. I even ran his plates for traffic violations." He said.

"I'm telling you, I don't think dad wants to be found." Dean stated.

Rory came running back over, picking up her hot chocolate again, taking another sip of it.

"I'll get it, Dean, I will! Keep watching!" She told her brother, rushing back to her skateboard.

"I'm watching!" Dean called back. "Check this out." He said to Sam, turning the laptop to him. "News item out of Plains Courier, Ankeny, Iowa. It's about 100 miles from here."

Sam looked at the screen of the laptop, beginning to read.

"Mutilated body was found near the victims car parked on 9 mile road." He read aloud.

"Keep reading." Dean told him, lifting his cup.

"Authorities are unable to provide a realistic description of the killer. The sole eyewitness, whose name has been withheld, is quoted as saying the attacker was invisible." Sam read.

"Could be something interesting." Dean stated.

"It could be nothing at all." Sam stated back. "One witness who didn't see anything. Doesn't mean it's the invisible man." He said.

"But what if it is? Dad would check it out." Dean said.

Sam let out a sigh.

"I did it!"

The two men looked up as Rory came running back over to the table with her skateboard in her arms, the biggest grin on her face.

"I did it! Did you see it?" She asked excitedly.

"I saw! That was pretty good, kid!" Dean told her, holding up a high five.

Rory slapped her hand against Deans, her smile still as wide as can be, unbeknownst to her, Dean hadn't been paying any attention at all.

Sam knew it too, but he didn't say anything. He didn't want to ruin Rory's happy little moment.

~~~

Dean pulled the impala to a stop, turning off the engine.

Rory didn't look up from her comic book, already knowing she was about to be told to stay in the car.