𝐏𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐦 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐫

Rory laid on the couch asleep, her blanket wrapped around her as she let out soft snores.

Dean slept in his bed on his stomach, his arms loosely hugging his pillow as his face was shoved into it.

Deans eyes opened when he heard the front door open. He slowly reached under the pillow, going for the blade that was under it.

He quickly raised up and saw Sam come around the corner.

"Morning, sunshine." Sam spoke as he held a bag in his hand, and three cups in the other arm.

"What time is it?" Dean groaned, looking over his shoulder to look at Sam.

"It's about 5:45." Sam stated.

"In the morning?" Dean asked.

"Yep."

"Where does the day go?" Dean let out a sigh as he rolled onto his side, looking at Sam.

"Did you get any sleep last night?" He asked him.

"Yeah, I grabbed a couple hours." Sam said.

"Liar— 'cause me and Rory was up at 3:00, and you were watching a George foreman infomercial." Dean stated as he sat up on the bed, swinging his legs over the side of it as he looked past Sam, checking on their little sister who was still sound asleep.

"Hey, what can I say? It's riveting tv." Sam said, holding up everything in his arms.

"When was the last time you got a good nights sleep?" Dean asked his brother.

"I don't know. A little while, I guess. It's not a big deal." Sam shrugged.

"Yeah, it is." Dean nodded.

"I appreciate your concern." Sam told him with a chuckle.

"I'm not concerned. It's your job to keep my ass alive, and it's our job to keep her alive, so I need you sharp." Dean told him as he gestured to Rory. "Seriously, are you still having nightmares about Jess?"

Sam inhaled deeply as he walked over, sitting on his bed.

"Yeah." He answered. "But it's not just her. It's everything." He said as he gave Dean his coffee. "I just forgot, you know? This job— man, it gets to you."

"You can't let it. You can't bring it home like that." Dean told him as he took off the lid of his cup, taking a sip of his coffee.

"So, what? All this— it never keeps you up at night?" Sam asked.

Dean shook his head.

"Never? You're never afraid?" Sam questioned.

"No, not really." Dean shrugged.

Sam scoffed.

He leaned over to Deans pillow, pulling the blade out from under it. He held it up, showing it to his brother as if to prove him wrong.

"That's not fear." Dean said, taking the blade. "That is precaution." He stated, putting it back under his pillow.

"Alright, whatever. I'm too tired to argue." Sam shook his head.