Chapter 14

Victoria Pov

I was walking with the progenitors which made me nervous. I could die on the spot. Their aura is so gut-wrenching that I'm surprised that I was able to speak to them heck I'm more shocked that I made a deal with them. I fiddle with my fingers but at this point, it feels like I've been doing that for thousands of years. Every turn we made filled me with dread. Not because of the progenitors which were on another level. Mostly speaking to Yuu, he is not a bad guy he never acted like one. Heck, he never lied to anyone except the hospital since we figure out he woke up before Mitsuba. He's easy to read so....how was he able to keep a secret for so long? I was lost in thought that I didn't hear my name being called.

"Victoria we're here"

My mind shut down for a moment. So many thoughts rush into my head that I couldn't keep track. I wanted to remain calm but at this point, my head was about to burst. He going to vouch for me. He can't be lying. I'm human! Maybe I heal quickly. Right?

I turn around and face the three who were gazing at me. I gulp and let out a nervous chuckle. Please Yuu....give me answers. Urd pulled open the door and I was greeted with the squad chain to a table. They didn't appear to be injured but I can't just assume. Maybe they gave them some drugs or have internal injuries. Maybe they mess with their minds. Could it be possible? They could have come so many things to then while I was asleep. I bit my lip trying to come up with a conclusion.

"We haven't done anything to them. If that is what you think you can stop worrying." Ky bent down towards me.

"Do you believe I trust you're word" I raise my brow trying to read this man? He is very difficult since he looks to keep a childish persona. He chuckles and walks to the desk glancing at them. I came forwards to the gang which looked up at me. "Hey" I wave to them and they wave back. Some had uncomfortable looks on their face and they kept glancing at Yuu. He was staring at the silver table fiddling with the silver chains around his wrist. "Yuu" my voice soften at this point I wasn't trying to hide my fear or nervousness. He lifts his head towards me and smiles.

"How have you been?" His voice was kind and quiet. It's crazy that he is so carefree in this situation. It is not like the progenitors are glaring at him. 'Could they be jealous' I glance at them for a moment before bringing my attention back to Yuu. "Yu-You want to learn the truth?" He cut me off which left my mouth agape. I nodded so quickly that I felt dizzy. I was too eager to learn the truth but my body wasn't. In an instant my mouth became dry, and my hand and feet became sweaty that I wanted to take off my shoes.

"It started a couple of years ago"

Flashback

I walk down the destroyed path looking at the rubble.

"Damn Guren" I pouted my cheeks kicking another pebble nearby. I sigh as I place my hand on my katana. 'Why can't he trust me? He brought me to kill vampires but doesn't let me kill vampires......What the hell!' I looked at we're smoke was coming from afar. I quickly ran toward the place. I gulp as my heart started pumping and my breath quicken.

"What happens here" I abruptly stop in my track noticing the scene. Several human bodies were laying around. I took servers steps until I step into something. 'Fabric' I looked down at my feet noticing the vampire uniforms. I pulled out my katana holding into an offensive position. I took in the area and noticed there was a flip car that was spewing fire. I got closer to it which look to be expensive. I stop when I saw a limping vampire hiding something. I followed the vampire who notice me.

"Damn you livestock" he waved his sword at me. I stayed back but noticed there was someone next to him. It looks to be a child but I couldn't make out their appearance. I was going to attack when he dropped to the floor. The person dropped down next to him. I got closer until the person noticed me. I could finally make out the features. She had blonde hair, tanned skin with ruby-like eyes. She was wearing an expensive-looking dress that look foreign.

"Get away from us!" She glared at me. She was a child! I back away a bit and gasp. The man beside her soon turns to ash. She scowls at me. "You damn humans!" She launches herself at me which I dodge. She quickly attack me again but she had no weapon so we both started fighting with our hands. We both were wrestling with each other on the ground. She was biting me and slapping me around. I was starting to worry when I heard a crack coming from my body.

'Da-'

Boom

All I saw was my body being forced back. I gasp when my back landed on the floor. I wanted to scream but nothing came out, I even couldn't breathe. I sat up but winced in pain. It felt like my body was being hit by a thousand hammers and it wouldn't stop. I slowly get on my feet looking around, seeing the place where we were just at was shocking. There were several huge craters near the place and I could see several bombs being deployed.

'Wait that girl!' I looked around but found no luck. I limp my way around the place trying to see through the smoke.

"Ugh" my head turn and I could see the little girl. She was laying on her side and her wounds were visible. I dragged myself to her and dropped down. I grabbed her shoulder and turn her towards me. Her eyes were open but she looked to be in a daze.

"Huh" my eyes widened when I saw her eyes turn from red to blue. Her ears grew small but still had her pointy ear along with her teeth. She soon fell unconscious which I worried. 'Should I save her' I stopped when I could hear several voices coming toward us. I could see from the distance it was the Imperial Demon Army. I looked back at the girl who was now in my arms. I glance back at the men as I pick her up and started walking towards them.

'Make a choice'

End of Flashback

"And I choose you"

"Damn you!!"