Pii (Six)

CYCLE PII- CYCLE SIX

Theo was hovering over Cooker's shoulder, with her finger pointed at one of the papers in front of her, "I don't sign my name like that."

"You do now," Cooker chuckled and gave the paper to Iona, who blew the ink dry then folded the paper into an envelope.

Cooker dipped the quill in the ink again and signed Theo's name even sloppier than the letter before. Theo gasped and reached over, plucking the ink from her hands.

"Theo! Now the whole letter is smudged!" Cooker shrieked out and pushed her shoulder back, trying to get Theo off her, "Xy! Did you see what she did?"

"Do it right, Cooker!" Theo yelled back.

Xyra looked up from the letter she was writing and raised an eyebrow, setting her quill down, "Why can neither of you behave like adults?"

"She started it," Cooker mumbled.

Xyra rolled her eyes and reached across the table, dragging the letter back into her work area, "I am the one that has to fix both of your mistakes. Knock it off before I tie you both to chairs and put gags in your mouth."

"Kinky," a voice laughed from the entrance of the room.

Theo looked up to see Morgana clearing the flight of stairs leading up to the third floor, which is where they usually gathered for business. Theo took a minute to take in the sight of a friend that had been gone for so long. Her hair was longer than when they were in Corinspe. All evidence of the lightbringer erased, except a few visible scars along her exposed arms and chest and of course her missing digits. The room burst into a cacophony of welcomes and chaos trying to get to Morgana.

Theo let herself get barrelled by Cooker. She watched each reunion with a smile on her face until it was her turn. She stepped forward and gave Morgana a tight hug, patting her back with a chuckle.

"It's good to see you," Theo pulled away and put her hands on Morgana's shoulders, "I would say we missed you, but Iona has been excelling at your job. I am hesitant to give you leader of the vanguard back."

"Please, Mor, make her take it from me," Iona laughed, "I'm good at combat, I don't enjoy teaching it."

"I'll happily accept the job," Morgana nodded towards Iona then looked to Theo, "spent a few cycles training with The Gurgs. I am unstoppable, not even Xy will be able to take me down."

"Do not test me, I have won thousands in the fighting rings these past cycles," Xyra hummed, she had not stood up from her letter writing. She peeled her attention away from the paper for a moment to look up and flash a smile at Morgana, "good to have you back, mate."

"Good to be back," Morgana put an arm around Theo and walked towards the table, "where is Fortune? I wanted to see her. She doing errands?"

"Errands in Aeliz," Skins chuckled.

"Aeliz?" Morgana frowned, "she moved to Aeliz? And no one wrote to me?!"

"Calm down, meathead," Cooker sat back down next to Xyra, continuing her task, "she's sailing with Navi to find an island to settle down in."

"Oh," Morgana was still frowning, "why her?"

"She's a healer and we needed a reliable one on that voyage," Theo provided context, "she's due back any sun now. She'll be back before the cycle is over."

Morgana had gone from a happy presence to sucking out any joy with her moping, "Figured she would be here. I was looking forward to it."

"Well, you've waited this long. You can wait a bit longer," Cooker shrugged, "are you ready to dive into Niveal life? We have to go out tonight."