CHAPTER FOURTEEN: Golden

CW: Smut (m receiving), light bondage, soft!dom Bucky, a teensy bit of switch!Bucky, praise kink, dirty talk and LOTS of pet names

CW: Smut (m receiving), light bondage, soft!dom Bucky, a teensy bit of switch!Bucky, praise kink, dirty talk and LOTS of pet names. There are also discussions around human trafficking, drug use, track marks, etc.

More notes at the end.

Bucky helps Charlotte off of the bike and carries her back into the apartment. On the ride home, she's gotten a little worse and by the time they get home, she's wobbly again, clinging to him as he carries her into the elevator and into the apartment. Charlotte stares up at his gorgeous face as he cradles her in his arms in the elevator.

"Bucky?" She asks softly.

"What is it, sweets?"

"Thank you. For coming with me tonight."

He smiles and kisses her.

"I'm not going to let anything happen to you, Charlotte. Ever."

She believes him. Bucky might be the first man she's ever been with where, when he says those things, she actually fucking believes the words pouring out of his mouth. He's never given her a reason not to trust him. Bucky is obscenely loyal. She can see it in the way that he looks at her, with complete love and adoration.

"Can I sleep in your room again tonight?"

He laughs. She loves his laugh. It's so soft and smoky, making her bite her lip and think about things she definitely shouldn't be thinking about in an elevator.

Although, she could just smash the "door close" button and have her way with him in here, but Bucky would probably insist that she needs to rest.

"I thought that's what couples do," he says softly.

Oh. We're a couple.

Thank God one of them finally, sort of, put a label on it. Charlotte's face feels hot as she buries her head in his chest.

I love you, she thinks.

Fuck.

It's the first time she's thought it — really thought it. Her body floods with anxiety. She's always said "I love you" too fast. Luke was so freaked out when she said it the first time. It was over breakfast at a restaurant. They had been dating for three weeks and it just tumbled out of her mouth after he made a joke that made her laugh really hard. He got really quiet and contemplative and said he needed to think about his response.

Charlotte should have known from day one that he would always be the one calling the shots in the relationship.

She always falls too fast and too deeply.

The only thing she wants to do is not get hurt again.

So, she keeps it inside, learning from her previous mistakes. He carries her into the apartment, kicking his boots off and putting her on the couch. Bucky slips off her boots and her jacket and goes to grab her one of his big hoodies and a blanket. Sam and Peter haven't shown up yet, so Bucky does what Bucky does best - he takes care of her. It's really sweet. He makes her some chicken noodle soup from a package - all he has to do is add water, and pours it into a cup. It reminds her of the way her mom used to take care of her when she was sick as a kid and she would sit on the couch all day watching The Price is Right.