005, Washington D.C

"I can do this all day, trust me

"I can do this all day, trust me. " - Harper

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Do I have to come?" Harper was being dragged to the decathlon tournament. Apparently this was how Peter was gonna get to Washington, and Harper had no idea why she was needed.

"Yes, now come on." Peter started walking towards the bus. "Are they even gonna let you back on the team?" Harper asked, walking behind Peter.

"Hopefully, they do or else I'm screwed." Once they made it to the bus, Harper did a small wave to everyone standing there. "Peter?" Liz was a bit surprised to see him there considering he quit.

"Hey, guys. I was hoping maybe I could rejoin the team." Peter looked around hoping they would say yes. "No, no way. You can't just quit on us, stroll up and be welcomed back by everyone." Flash walked towards the boy. Harper just rolled her eyes.

"Hey, welcome back Peter!" Mr. Harrington had heard the conversation and walked out the bus so everyone could get on. "Flash, your back to first alternate."

"What?" "He's taking your place idiot." Harper said, muttering the last part. Peter had heard and looked at the girl. "Excuse me, can we go already. Cause I was hoping to get in some light protesting." MJ made herself known, since she was in the back of the line reading a book.

"Protesting is patriotic. Lets get on the bus! Harper your more then welcome to come." Harper smiled and nodded. The girl waited till everyone was on the bus so she can get on. She decided to sit in the back with Ned.

Harper was answering some of the questions Liz was asking to herself. Some she got wrong, some she got right. Peter soon got a phone call and asked if he could take it.

"Go Ahead." Liz changed the card of questions she had, while Peter started walking back towards Harper and Ned. He sat down next to Harper. "I gotta say Happy, you tracking me without my permission is an invasion of my privacy."

"And illegal." Harper muttered, no one knew Harper was with Peter, going to Washington. Ned held up the projector, showing something other then the people Peter was tracking. "No, thats different."

"What's different?" Harper heard Happy through the phone. "Uh, nothing. Look Happy its just the academic decathlon, its not a big deal."

Once Peter hung up the phone, he sighed. "Do you think I should be doing this?" Harper was kind of shocked, she hasn't heard Peter second guess himself before especially after the fight in Berlin.

"No. But your doing the right thing, protecting people. Thats what superheroes do right?" Peter looked at Harper and smiled. "Yeah." "Exactly." Harper fixed up Peters collars on his jacket, then patted his chest. "Okay, now go practice."

Peter smiled and got out the seat, walking back to his. Harper leaned her head against the bus window, maybe this trip could possibly be her chance to ask Peter to homecoming, no. He probably already asked Liz.

——
——

The group of students walked into the hotel they were staying at, as they had made it to Washington. It was no surprise Harper felt out of place, she was the only one not there for the decathlon.

"Everyone stay together." Liz walked alongside Mr.Harrington as they walked to the front desk, Harper rolled her eyes. "Hey, did you bring your computer?"

Peter looked at Ned, as he was trying to get rid of the tracker that was on his suit. "Yeah, why?" Peter stayed quiet as he waited to get to the room to tell him.

Peter, Harper, and Ned soon were all in a room. Harper was laying down on one bed, reading a book. Peter was taking off the tracker on his suit and Ned was helping.

"Peter, why are we removing a tracker from your suit?" Ned looked at his computer. "Because he doesn't want Happy or my dad to know he's out fighting bad guys." Harper answered, still reading her book.

"Yeah, that. Now have fun tracking this lamp." Peter carefully placed the tracker on the hotel lamp. Ned did some typing things on his computer. "There are a ton of other systems on here." Peter had a flashlight in his mouth, so he mumbled a "what".

"But there all disabled by the training wheels protocol." Ned said the end part with a bit of a laugh. Peter took the flashlight out his mouth and moved next to Ned to see the computer. "Whats the training wheels protocol? Turn it off!"

Harper closed her book and looked at Peter and Ned, "I don't think thats a good idea, I mean its definitely on for a reason." Harper said sitting up from the bed.

"Come on, Harper. I don't need training wheels." Peter jumped onto Harpers bed. "I'm sick of him treating me like a kid all the time, its not cool." Harper looked up at Peter. "But you are a kid." Ned was looking at Peter too. "Yeah, a kid who can stop a car with his bare hands."

Harper was just nodding cause they both were right in a way. "Peter, I just don't think its a good idea." Harper butted in. Peter jumped down and went up to Ned again. "Look please, this is my chance to prove myself. I can handle it, Ned come on."

"I really don't think this is a good idea." Harper stood up from the bed and crossed her arms. "Guy in the chair." Peter whispered to Ned, knowing Ned wanted to be his Guy in the chair. "Don't do that."

"Come on." Ned sighed and did some typing on the computer turning the training wheels protocol off, the suit started glowing, but then stopped. "Alright, Harper you coming?" Harper shook her head.

"No. I'm gonna stay, I'm already gonna get in trouble for not telling Happy or my dad where I was going."
Peter nodded and grabbed his suit going into the bathroom to change.

Once he changed he put some sweatpants and a sweater on, he put his hood on. "Okay, I'll be back."
Peter opened the door and peaked outside, he walked out, the door closing behind him.

Harper and Ned heard Liz and Peter outside. Harper looked outside the window to see them talking and Peter practically admiring her. She just rolled her eyes, walked away from the window and muttered an "Ew." from the sight. "Harp, your jealousy issues are showing."

"What?" Harper looked at Ned. "Your jealousy issues are showing." Ned repeated. Harper sat on her bed, "Yeah, no. Nope. No jealousy here whatsoever." Ned just laughed. "Okay, think whatever you wanna think."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

SERENITY SPEAKS ! nothing to say except Harper is the love of my life. also does anyone know any good stores to buy dresses & black heels?