004, Alone is her Destiny

Harper sat at the end of her bed, waiting for Peter to show up at her window

Harper sat at the end of her bed, waiting for Peter to show up at her window. She had a lot of feelings going through her mind, especially with seeing Yelena yesterday. Her thoughts were ruined when she heard knocking on her window.

She slightly smiled, getting up and opening the window. Peter came in, holding a CVS bag. "Sorry it took me so long, got the things you wanted." He put it on her counter, going into kiss her but she changed the subject fast, turning around.

"I saw her yesterday. Yelena, Natashas sister. And I did the tune that they used to do and now— now I feel bad because she missed out on her sisters life, she missed out on meeting me and baking and—"

Peter cupped her face. "Relax, I'm sure if she had a problem she would've told you." Harper pushed Peters hands away, sitting on the bed. "I can't relax, I don't have any way to get in contact with her and I— I tried touching her hair. Ugh— I'm so stupid." 

Harper was always very good at giving first impressions but yesterday was different, she felt like she did something wrong, like the whole world needs to go back in time so she could fix it, or else everything will be shit.

"Harper, just calm down okay? Everything's fine. You always make good impressions, I mean you were kind of raised to and—"

Harper slightly turned her head. "Are you making fun of my dads parenting? Even though he's dead!"
Harper had no idea what she was talking about, she was going crazy trying to think what Yelena thought of her.

"No— No I'm not, I'm just saying that you gotta loosen up a bit. You're tense, that's not good."

Harper sighed, taking a deep breath. "Right, right. I'm sorry." She stood up from the bed, walking over to the CVS bag. She opened it to reveal black hair dye.

"Thanks. Needed a change."

Peter nodded, smiling.

"Now come on, you're helping me." She grabbed Peters hand leading him to the bathroom.

——

AN HOUR LATER

"Holy shit, I look awesome." Harper was looking in the mirror, at her new dark hair. She won't admit it but the only reason she died her hair was to get rid of any memories of Natasha.

"Harp, I like it but don't you think your mom—"

"Screw my mom, she wanted me to cope so here I am, coping."

Peter just nodded, not saying any words. He knew she was gonna get in trouble eventually but right now she was happy, more happy then she's ever been since.. everything.