002, Funeral

"Merry Christmas? I guess

"Merry Christmas? I guess." - Harper

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn't always role that way. Maybe this time. I'm hoping if you.. play this back. It's in celebration. I hope families are reunited, I hope we get it back and something like the normal version of the planet has been restored. If there ever was, such a thing.
God, what a world. Universe now. If you told me ten years ago that we weren't alone, let alone you know to this extent, I mean I wouldn't have been surprised but come on, you know. That epic forces of darkness and light that have come into play. And for better or worse thats the reality Morgan's going to have to grow up in and the reality Harper is gonna have to fight."

The Stark family sat on the couch, watching a video Tony had left for them. Pepper and Morgan were cuddled up together, Harper was sitting next to Happy, playing with Morgans hair.

"So I found a private area to record a little greeting in case of an untimely death on my part. Not that death at any time is ever timely. This time travel thing that we're going to pull off tomorrow, it's got me scratching my head about the survivability of all this. But then again that's the hero gig. Part of the journey is the end. What am I tripping for? Everything is gonna work out exactly the way its supposed to."

Harper wiped a tear coming down her eye as Tony stood up from the chair he was on and walked to the Iron head. "I love you 3000."

The video soon turned off, Harper looked at the flowers and arc reactor in front of her. This was real. Everything about it was real. The battle with Thanos. The fact that she had to get ready for today. It was all real, and there was no going back.

As Pepper grabbed the memorial, Harper took Morgans hand and they started walking out the cabin Tony got during the Blip. Harper took a breath, and looked around to see everyone she loved around her.

Peter, Steve, Clint, Lexi, Wanda, Mantis, May, Etc. But too Harper, she felt alone in a crowded room. When the family made it to the dock Pepper passed the memorial to Harper.

The brunette grabbed a piece of paper out of her shoe. It was a letter she wrote earlier today and a picture.. The picture. She taped it onto the glass box the arc reactor was in then bent down setting the memorial in the water, letting the water take it away.

Harper stood back up, and watched the memorial get farther away from her. "I love you 3000." She whispered.

It wasn't long before everyone was giving their condolences to Pepper, and reassuring Morgan. Harper was on the sidelines—well on her porch— staring at everyone, giving each other hugs and kisses on the cheek.

Sam walked up to the girl, and sat down next to her. "How you doing?", Harper sighed. "Physically. I'm perfectly fine. Mentally. I'm doing horrible."

Harper looked at Sam to see him already looking at her. "This is life. People die. It's the way their stories are written. Nothing can change that."

"But what if the story could change?" Harper pushed back a bit of hair that flew in her face.

Sam sighed, he knew the girl wasn't gonna listen but it was worth a try. "Look all I'm saying is, move forward. That's what Tony would've wanted, he wants you to finish your story instead on trying to fix his when his already ended."

Sam stood up and held his hand for Harper to grab, the brunette gave a quick smile and grabbed his hand, standing up. Sam pulled her in for a hug, catching Harper off guard but she hugged back.

When she pulled out the hug, she noticed Morgan walking up to her. Sam walked away, giving Harper a small nod.

The girl sat down on one of the seats, helping Morgan up. It was very awkward and silent. "Are you hungry?" Harper asked, smiling down at her younger sister who just nodded. "What do you want?"

"Cheeseburgers." Morgan quietly said.

"Cheeseburgers actually do sound good, you know that was dads favorite food? He loved cheeseburgers."

Morgan smiled, "Come on, lets go ask Happy for some cheeseburgers." Harper stood up, picking Morgan up and walking inside the house, where Happy was.

––
––

Two months later

Harper walked in the graveyard of Ohio. She put off going to Ohio for a while. To her.. she wasn't ready, but here she was.

She stopped at a grave that had the name 'Natasha Romonoff' on it. The red haired girl sat down by the grave putting her old teddy bear Nat brought her.

"Uhm— I don't know how to start this, like at all. I know you're probably upset I didn't come sooner. It's been a— rough couple months."

And that was the truth. She's been staying inside, laying in her bed. Doing nothing, she can't even get up to do school.

Peter would come over at times giving her the homework and helping her understand it but she would never pay attention. She didn't really care.

"I mean hopefully you understand. I wouldn't know. I wrote this whole speech thing but it's stupid and I wish that I didn't write it cause.. it's weird. Uhm— we all miss you, I know it seems like we don't but we do! And Uh—"

Harper was soon cut off when she saw some girl, blonde and wearing a yellow jacket, she was coming towards her which caused Harper to stand up.

"Who are you! And what are you doing here!" She had blue hues surrounding her hand.

"What are you doing here?" The girl said, raising an eyebrow.

"I asked first." Harper said.

"Doesn't mean I'll answer." The blonde replied, a Russian accent clear as day. Harper sighed. She wasn't gonna get anything out of this girl and she knew that. "I'm Harper. Harper Stark."

"Yelena."

Harper froze. She's heard that name before. Natasha talked a lot about her. That was Yelena Belova, Natashas sister.

SERENITY SPEAKS !
sup