《 Chapter 3: New Enemy 》

Just as things were going good with the hedgehog siblings, they heard a vibration. Sonic looks over and dives into the bubbles and pulls out his phone to see Tom's profile.

"Uh-oh. Oh, boy..."

Sonic looks at the mess he made and winces. He looks at Y/N, who nods. They begin cleaning up the house with their power of speed and sits on the couch together. Y/N holding out a manga to make it look like she's reading while Sonic lies down casually and clears his throat before answering his phone. Tom's face is on video as he greets them.

"Aloha! Ha ha! How's it going, buds?"

"Oh, you know. Just a quiet night at home, settling in with a good book, sis reading her manga and making music."

He shows Tom for him to see Y/N as she waves at him with a smile.

"Hey, there!"

"And you? What's up with you?"

"Oh, I just called to say we're here but now every word and everyone else is making me suspicious."

"Suspicious? How suspicious?" Y/N questioned in confusion.

"What? You gotta relax, buddy. You're at the four seasons Oahu. Have a my time and your summer time with your wife. Get sunburn somewhere embarrassing. This weekend is about you."

"You know what? You're right. We power bumped on it and whatever it is you two are doing, I'm sure you can undo it by the time we get home, yeah?"

Sonic looks nervous and assures him.

"Exactly! I mean, I am deeply offended by such accusations."

Y/N rolls her eyes at how smooth her brother spoke. She comes into view for her to see Tom.

"So how's Rachel's fiance? Is he good looking as he is in pictures?"

Tom looks unsure as he looks over to see Randall kissing Rachel.

"Uhhh, somehow better looking."

"Wow! You're about to be the third best looking dude in the family, but hey, still on the podium."

"Ha ha ha. Alright. I better go introduce myself. Stay out of trouble."

Tom gives them a stern look.

"Trouble? No worry. Everything here is completely normal."

That was an understatement as Ozzy walks past the hedgehog siblings with bubbles covering his fur. Tom looks unconvinced.

"Uh-huh. Night, buds."

Tom ends the call.

"Nice pep talk, dude." Y/N said.

"Hey, at least, I didn't get us in trouble. We got this."

"Right... I gotta go and write the song I just sing before I forget."

"Alright. And if you're done, you can come and pick a movie you like."

She turns to him in surprise.

"Really? You mean it?"

"Yeah. Taking turns is fair."

"Thanks, bro."

Y/N then walks up the stairs to the attic towards her room as she sits on her desk and writes her songs on the paper. What she didn't notice is that danger is now on loose as the ring portal comes in view right where Sonic was watching TV with Ozzy.

A flapping noise was heard and she turns smiling knowingly as the horned owl came into view and landed on her shoulder.