《 AU Turn of Events Pt. 2 》

The next morning, young Sonic, young Gwen, and young Knuckles wakes up and instead of fighting it out they just sat there, waiting for anyone to show up. But then minutes turns to hours as 35 hours have passed since the tribe left and no one has returned. Sitting next to them was three empty bowls as they have eaten their breakfast. Young Knuckles didn't want to since they're his enemies, but with young Gwen's pleas and convince he had no choice.

Young Knuckles gets up and heads into his empty home, not without giving young Gwen an eye gesture to not make any funny move, which earned an eye roll. As he head towards his house, his mind starts to wonder about his echidna tribe.

"They can't take that long to get back... maybe they need help."

Young Knuckles starts rummaging through his things as he tosses them away.

"There has to be a map or a name, something to show me where they went..."

He stops as he came to a conclusion, which made him wince what he's going to do.

"Or someone..."

Young Sonic and young Gwen sat next to each other, looking bored. A loud ruffle sound was made and young Gwen gets on guard only to relax to see young Knuckles coming out of the bushes.

"Isn't she here to rescue you two yet?"

"Isn't the tribe here yet?" young Gwen retorted.

"Mph." young Knuckles huffed in annoyance.

"Leave us alone." young Sonic demanded.

Young Knuckles places his fists on his hips.

"Listen, hedgehogs. You know Longclaw's location, right?"

"So what if we do? Why do you want to know?" young Gwen asked suspiciously.

"I know you do. And I want to offer you a deal."

She stares at him for a moment, thinking what he's up to.

"What's the catch?"

"If you show me how to get there, I'll release your brother and let you two go."

"Ha! As if!" laughed young Gwen.

"Yeah! We're not showing you anything, you just want to get there to hurt her. Like the others..." young Sonic said, glaring at him through the cage.

Young Knuckles frowned.

"I just want to get there 'cause my dad isn't back... and he might need some help."

Now this made young Gwen feel bad for him. She had met his father as far as she knew when they're playing in secret, but after seeing her friend worry for him, now she wanted to help him. Young Sonic though was thinking something else.

"...Wait. If no one's back... that means..."

His eyes widened in realization and his face lit up with hope.

"She made it! Longclaw won! She must be looking for me and sis right now!"

This made young Gwen unsure about it while young Knuckles gets mad as he shouted at him.

"NO! THAT'S NOT TRUE! SURELY LONGCLAW DOESN'T WANT TO REVEAL WHAT THEY NEED AND THAT'S WHY THEY HAVEN'T COME BACK! O-OR MAYBE THEY GOT LOST!"

"If you say so..." young Sonic smirked.

This made young Gwen snicker, but at the same time she hope her brother is right about Longclaw being alive and looking for them. Young Knuckles' loud angry shout made the hedgehog siblings cover their ears while smiling amusingly.