《 Birthday Specials 》

Hey, guys! This is for the celebration of my favorite Knuckles' birthday! 🎂 Enjoy!! 😉😉

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ No Family to Care For Me ~

That night in the attic room, Knuckles could be seen twitching as he appears to have a hard time sleeping. His face turns into a grimace and worry like he's having a bad dream. In his dream, he finds himself in a white room.

"Where am I? What is this place?" he questioned, eyebrow raised.

The room changes to a village, Mystic Ruins. His eyes widened in recognition as his body freezes.

"This is... my home.."

He begins tearing up just looking at them.

"No... no... it's-it's... just a nightmare..."

"PLEASE COME BACK!"

He looks to see a younger version of himself standing by the very same house as he watches his father and the tribe walk away.

"I NEED YOU HERE! YOU DON'T NEED TO GO HUNT DOWN LONGCLAW..." young Knuckles cried out, looking down. "What... about... me?"

For a moment of silence, he drops his spear and starts sobbing.

"WHAT ABOUT ME?! FATHER, PLEASE COME HOME!"

Back in the attic room, Knuckles instantly he gets up with a gasp, looking all sweaty. He pants heavily and looks around to see Sonic and Tails sleeping then he turns to his side to see Gwen sleeping by his side. He sighs in relief and strokes her cheek.

"Oh, good. They're... they're still asleep."

He recalls his nightmare as he remembers himself screaming for his father to come back home and starts tearing up more, holding his knees up. He breathes shakily as he tries not to cry. But this didn't go unnoticed as Gwen opens her eyes after hearing him getting up. She turns to see him crying and frowns, getting up.

"Knuckles?"

Knuckles gasps to see her awake and quickly wipes his tears away.

"Gwen... I... didn't mean to wake you up."

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

"You're crying, aren't you? It doesn't seem that you're fine to me."

"No, m-my nose is runny, that's all. D-Don't worry about it."

Gwen doesn't like that answer and scoots closer to him, placing a hand on his.

"Knuckles, you can talk to me. Be honest. It's okay. I know we've been through a lot but... you can trust me. I'm always here to listen."

He grips her hand back.

"It's okay, Gwen. It's... nothing. I-I'm fine. You're better off going back to sleep." he said, glancing away.

Gwen sighs, knowing she can't push him further, seeing how sad he is.

"You know... I miss her."

Knuckles turns to her.

"You mean, Longclaw?"

Gwen nods.

"I know I told you this before, but you know, before me and Sonic escaped here to safety. We miss her every day, sometimes I dream about me and Sonic being back in Green Hills, I miss training with her, exploring around Green Hills, where I feel free without any worries. I even wish that if me and Sonic still stay in Green Hills, I would've still play with you like the good old days and help reunite your tribe and mine to come together as equals where there will be no more war, no more hunting... But now all I do is worry."