《 Chapter 4: Secrets of Master Emerald 》

Sonic and Robotnik were surprised at almost a long battle between those two whom had known each other would get tired as they have match each other's speed and precision.

Knuckles and Y/N stayed there for a moment as she was about to finish the blow, but now that the moment is here...

She stares at him, who looks at her with many emotions she can't describe what he's feeling. What is she thinking? She should finish him for what he did, but at the same time she couldn't. She realizes she can't kill her friend. She tched in frustration, and falls back, letting him go.

Knuckles sits up, looking shocked that she didn't finish him off. Y/N said nothing and just held out a hand for him to take.

"Come on. Don't make it weird."

He looks unsure and then he takes her hand as she lifts him back up. He was about to say something when they heard a police siren. They turned to see a police car crashing through the fence, coming straight towards Knuckles and Y/N. Knuckles pushes her out of the way and goes to punch the car, but it was a little too late as the car ram into him. He went flying and crash into the storage, breaking them. Robotnik looks surprised and made a whirring noise, doing a shrug gesture.

Tails pops his head out of the window.

"Come on! Get in, you two! I'm on your side!"

"I'm sorry, who are you?" Sonic questioned.

"Yeah, who are you?" Y/N asked, getting up.

Tails looks at her and feels his heart just got stabbed by the cupid arrow, stunned by her presence to respond. He gets into a trance-like fantasy state. A groan was heard, interrupting Tails' fantasy. They turned to see Knuckles down with broken wooden parts all over him. Sonic looks back at Tails.

"You know what? It doesn't matter."

Sonic hops into the car through the window. Y/N though looks back at Knuckes for a while.

"Come on, sis!"

She hesitate and eventually get inside the police car to the back. They're about to leave when Robotnik comes in front of them. Sonic, Y/N, and Tails screams at the sight of him.

"Get us out of here!"

Tails pressed the button of the device and the electric bolts beneath him pressed the gas pedal and off they go as the car did a reverse.

"Go, go, go!"

Robotnik jumps onto the glass window and begins to try and bite Sonic, making wild animal noises. Sonic flinches while Y/N was grossed out.

"Gah, he's got rabid!"

Robotnik keeps growling and scratching the window and starts licking.

"Gross! Is he licking it?" Tails exclaimed in disgust.

"Ugh!! He is!"

Tails turns the wheel.

"See ya!"

That turn causes Robotnik to fall off the police car and lands near the plants.

"Make sure to get your shots, Eggman!" Sonic joked.

"Or get put down for good!" Y/N added, making the boys laugh.

Knuckles gets up and breathes in and out angrily. Lightning strikes as his eyes glows red and then he speeds off after them with red trail behind him.

Tails makes a fast turn, causing Sonic and Y/N to fall to the side and hang on tight. Y/N looks through the back window and sees Knuckles catches up and chases them in speed.