School(Zenitsu's Eyes)

The next day was my first day at school. I wasn't sure how this school would be like but considering that Nezuko would be there, maybe it wouldn't be all that bad. Class 1-A(No, not MHA 1-A. This is not a MHA fanfic). That would be my class. The door was open and I felt very nervous. I could hear my teacher Mr. Tomioka's voice and some chatter from the students inside.

Giyu: Settle down everyone. Today we'll be having a new student joining our class. I expect you to treat him well and make him feel welcome. *Turns to me* Alright, Mr. Agatsuma, you may come in.

Following his orders, I walked into the classroom. There were multiple eyes looking at me from their desks. I was looking for the same pink ones I met at the park yesterday. I was still pretty nervous, but I figured I could be myself.

Me: Goodmorning, fellow students of 1-A. My name is Zenitsu Agatsuma. I feel very honored to be sharing this classroom with all of you.

Giyu: Mr. Agatsuma, why is your hair bright yellow?

Me: Sorry, sir. I had an accident during a certain thunderstorm. I can dye it black if you want me too.

Giyu: I see. *Annoyed sigh* Okay, go sit down now. I'd tell you to go dye your hair but I doubt you'd listen to me. Now go take a seat.

I did what Giyu asked me and scanned the room for the seat. At last, I found Nezuko, the girl with pink eyes. She was signaling to me to sit next to her. She's so kind! She wants someone like me to sit next to her. So, I did what she wanted.

Giyu: Now that we have that out of the way, let's start today's lesson.

Since I was the new kid, I knew that I would have to catch up with everyone, so I wasted no time taking notes. I guess Nezuko noticed me.

Nezuko: *Whispering* Zenitsu, do you need any help with notes?

She was quiet and mumbled to the teacher but she was loud and clear to me. I turned to her and only shook my head.

Me: *Whispering* It's okay. Physical Education isn't a problem for me. *Smile* I'll catch up in no time.

Nezuko: *Smiles before frowning*

Me: (Concerned) Is everything alright, Nezuko?

Nezuko: *Sighs* *Whispering* Sorry...I was lost in thought. Now we better give our full attention to Mr. Tomioka before we get in trouble.

Me: *Nods head* You're right.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Finally the day had come to an end. The other students have given me clear details about my classroom and about the school. So far, everyone was very nice and friendly. I think they did a good job at making me feel welcomed and comfortable. I was packing my things and preparing myself to walk out the doors.

Nezuko: Hey, Zenitsu! Can we walk together out of the school?

Me: *Smiles* Sure, Nezuko. Let me just get those real quick.

Once I was done, I joined Nezuko at the door and the two of us started walking alongside each other towards the exit.

Nezuko: What do you think of this school so far, Zenitsu?

Me: It's great so far! Your classmates are really welcoming and the food is really good.

Nezuko: Well, I'm glad so.

Me: You're not forgetting your guitar are you?

Nezuko: Oh no. I don't bring my guitar to school. I really don't want to bring it with me because if someone steals it, I can't sniff them out.

Me: Sniff them out? How would you be able to sniff out that person if they were near you guitar.

Nezuko: Uh...(a little sad)well I can't do that, but whenever I'd lose my things, I'd *voice breaking* have s-s-someone...sniff it out for...me.

Her happy tone immediate changed again. Now she was sad and quiet. I noticed that she was clenching her ascot too. This isn't just something random. Something was clearly aggravating her, but I couldn't ask her. Whatever was happening in her life outside school was her and as I already said, I don't like sticking my nose into other people's business. But I still wanted to help her in anyway possible.

Me: Nezuko, I have a certain feeling that there's something upsetting you, and I have a feeling that it's something very deep. But I won't ask you. I want to respect your privacy. Just know that if you ever need to talk to anyone, you can always talk to me.

Nezuko: *Reassured smile* Thank you, Zenitsu!