Sad Story(Nezuko's Eyes)

As you can probably tell, Zenitsu, Dadgoku or...Rengoku is not my actual dad. Or rather...our actual dad. We were adopted by him.

Many, many years ago, we lived a peaceful life with our actual parents. My father had a weak body, but he was still happy. My mother was bright and bubbly person. My brother was an angel from heaven. He always stood up for me against bullies and always made time for me. He also had an incredible sense of smell. I was truly lucky to have him for an older brother.

But then a fire broke out in our home. Only Tanjiro and I survived. It was horrible. I remember tears falling from my eyes with no sign of ending. Because my parents had no other relative they were close to, the two of us were sent to an orphanage. It was very hard to stay optimstic, knowing that I'd never hear my dad's wise words, or my mom's light-hearted laughter again. It was just the two of us.

But then we met the warmest man in the entire world. He had a gleam in his eye and a bright smile on his face. Whenever he was around, the children of the orphanage would flock to him and he spend countless hours just hanging out with them. But out of all the kids, Tanjiro and I were the closest to his heart. I could tell even though I was still so young. I remember that everytime he was there, the children would compete for his affection. The two of us however stayed out of it and enjoyed his time while he was there, secretly hoping he'd sign the adoption papers and take us home with him. But then he stopped coming. Us children would cry and whine and ask the caretakers where he was.

Eventually, the children of the orphanage forgotten about the warm man, but not me or Tanjiro. We believed he come back and adopt us. Soon, our fellow orphan mates were getting adopted constantly. All sorts of adults bonded with them and soon took them home. But even though we had also bonded with them, we however still found ourselves in the orphanage. Soon, there were no other kids left. The only children that was there for adoption was me and my brother. Then, a miracle happened. After so long, the warm man returned. After so long, we could play with him again but that's not why he came. During his first visit after a long time he spent it talking with the orphanage owner. The talking took a long time and we had no idea what it was about until he returned again. When he did, he said with a warm smile, "Tanjiro. Nezuko. Let's go home!" We weren't sure what he meant so we asked him. Then, he said "I talked with the owner. She's letting me adopt you."

Those last words sent the two of us in tears of joy. After so long, we'd finally had a family again. We packed our things and left the orphanage with that man. He explained to us why he hasn't been back in a while. He never intended to adopt a kid from the orphanage, but seeing how me and Tanjiro behave, he figured that it wouldn't hurt to actually try it. So, he's been spending the past few months trying to secure a living space so that he'd be ready to adopt. All around him, he saw kids he had seen in the orphanage hanging out with their newfound families, but never once did he see us with our own pair of adoptive parents. So he decided that if there was one family we were going to join it would be his own. You see, Zenitsu. That warm man in that story is our adoptive father, Kyojuro Rengoku or Dadgoku.

Everyday seemed like a good one with him as a dad. I can't remember a bad day. We made so many memories while growing up with him. No matter what, he always seem to have time for the two of us. He'd help us with our homework, take us to the park to play and get us ice cream. Everyday, we made so many memories. Tanjiro was so charmed by his constant warmth that he was determined to be the same when he grew up. I was sure that this happiness would never end, but I was wrong.

Sometime during our new life, Tanjiro started getting sick. His nose wasn't working like it use to and he was finding it harder to breathe. Worried, we took him to the hospital. There the doctors and nurses told us that Tanjiro was suffering from a serious disease known as pneumonia. Dadgoku and I begged the hospital to do something about it and they said that they would try their very hardest to save my brother.