CHAPTER 05 - Should I be scared ?

Stark Pov

" Hey ", I felt a firm hand on my shoulders. I looked back and it was a nurse. She looked worried for me. I could see that in her eyes.

" Yes , How is She ? ", I sniffed and rubbed my eyes, trying not to show anyone I was crying.

" She is out of danger now." She replied. "The doctor wants to see you." She added.

I gathered myself and stood up. I went to the Doctor who was waiting for me in front of the OT. He was in his 50s and looked very experienced in his field. He wore clear glasses and had fluffy white beard like Santa Clause. He was discussing something with the other nurse when I approached him.

" Hello dear", he spoke up as soon as he saw me coming. "She is out of danger for now. The cut was not too deep, or else we could have lost her due to the major blood flow. She has lost a lot of it though. Also her arm is hurt too. You need to take care of her. She is too weak."

Hearing his words, I felt such a relief. It felt like someone lifted a hard rock from my chest which was making me breathless. I didn't know what to say, how to react. Either to thank the Doc or rush to see her. It felt like my heart beats were alive again. I was so happy. I wanted to run to Anna and hug her so tightly. I smiled at the doctor and nodded as a ' Thank you'. He gave me an assuring smile and he left for his next mission.

The nurse directed me to the room Anna was shifted to. I unlocked the door nob. She was still unconsciously lying on her hospital bed, some tubes attached to her hand. I could see a pouch of blood hanging over her bed. It broke my heart to she her such pale and still. But I was happy to see her again. She is alive. This means I can hear her annoying but melodic voice again. See her smile again. I thought to myself.

Play this song in background - (  Paper Boats by J.M. Quintana Camara )

I stepped towards her and sat on the stool besides her bed. I gazed her beautiful closed eyes. Why am I feeling like this about You ? I don't even know you. What is it about you that's constantly dragging me towards you ? I keep bumping into you. Is it the fate ? Are we destined to be together ?  Should I be scared ?  Am I even deserving of this happiness I'm dreaming about ? All these thoughts kept lingering in my head while I admired her pretty face.

 Is it the fate ? Are we destined to be together ?  Should I be scared ?  Am I even deserving of this happiness I'm dreaming about ? All these thoughts kept lingering in my head while I admired her pretty face

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

A familiar voice dragged me out of my thoughts. " Hey Stranger ". I saw Anna gaining her senses. " Hey " I replied, looking towards her. She looked at me, trying to smile through her pain. We kept gazing at each other for a while and there was complete silence. My heart danced to see her okay. I did not even realise when I held her hand. It was so warm and firm.

" Thank you " She uttered in her weak voice.

I frowned. " I dragged you into the trouble and you are thanking me ? " I said to her.