Chapter 08 - Stand your ground and get what you want

Stark POV

Play music in background from spotify ( Bass Boosted by boxing music )

I heard a bunch of strippers booing a guy, when he tried to give them less cash. I walked into the over-crowded bar at the corner of the town, away from the charming city lights. This place was not for sane peeps. Only the inner circle were given an entry. And as far as the outsiders are considered, the suit people would never come here to stain their lives. How I could have an entry here, is a whole other story.

The place was loaded with drugs, strippers and mostly Serpents, who were no joke. These were dangerous goons, some even accused of serious crimes. The toned bartenders gave me a truculent look. All these were hot blooded people here. There was loud pub music playing, quivering the whole damn place. My ears were used to the noise.
I walked my way through, to the street boxing area. Men surrounding the fence were roaring at the contestants inside the fence. They were outrageously beating their massive fists on the fence making the whole place shake. This was building extra pressure inside the fence for the two of them to beat each other to blood till the other one is declared the mightier. Serpents always found their fun in violence and brutality.

From the howling crowd, I grabbed a man's collar out.

Third person POV

"Stark, hey my man. Where have you been ?" A rather young lad, completely unfit from the background of the place he was in, answered up.

He wore a red cap covering half of his face. His skin was fair yet tanned. A place where everyone was wearing leather jackets, bracelets and tattoos, this 16 year guy wore an oversized green T-shirt and loose pocket pants in brown. He seemed over friendly towards Stark.

"Tomy." Stark breathed patiently. "I need information."

Tomy gave him a spicy smile. There was excitement in his eyes. Before he could say much, an aged man, around his forties came out of the crowd. The whole crowd was busy during the boxing match.

The man looked more like a real serpent in contrast to Tomy. He wore a black jacket. There was a giant green snake symbol illustrated on the back of it. Most of the men here wore that kind of jacket. It represented the Serpent community.

The muscular man spoke up. "Nothing here comes for free boi."

Stark had already sensed trouble in the air. But he was up for it. He was about to do anything for the information he was looking for.

"You want information. I want a good match there, boi. You fight and win for me. I will give you information." The serpent guy spoke in his heavy voice, intending not to take No as an answer. If Stark won, and the bet was on him, the old man would win good money. They were simply scratching each others' back here.

Stark nodded 'Yes' to whatever was the condition the old man had to offer. He had fire in his eyes. The old man grinned and went away to make arrangements. Tomy standing beside them was a little uncomfortable. He glared at Stark. Stark looked intense and in form to fight.

Stark knew Tommy since he was a little younger. He read in high-school on the south side of the town. But he had zero interest in studies. Rather he wanted to become a hacker. Both of them met there in the serpent bar during Stark's visits. He was not a regular though. This was still an enemy territory for Stark apart from few insider contacts. Tommy and Stark did not have much in common but Tommy liked Stark. He looked up to him. Stark being Stark never really showed much of an affection to him. But Tommy was consistent with him. He was after all a kid seeking attention.