CHAPTER 06 - In His thoughts

Anna Pov

Play this song in background - ( If I'm Lucky - Felt Piano by Cinthya Garcia )

Stark explained me all the stuff that dragged him - now us, into the mess. His stare asked me for an answer. I could see his need to hear something, anything from me. His sparkling eyes adjured for it. Honestly ! I did not know what to say. And what was I even supposed to say ? I have spent my whole life with my mom, who kept me away from the bad world. And now Look at me - saving my ass from the gangsters with a stranger. I was bloody home schooled because my mom did not want me to face any trouble at school. This behavior of hers sometimes made me feel stuck and conquered, even irritated. But I was the only one, she got. I never really understood why she wanted to always keep me so close to herself. Never letting me away from her eyesight. I understood her concern about protecting me from all the bad things in the world, but I always felt like there is more to the story. But I let that part go when she was finally convinced for me to come to New York.

So, Yes ! Looking at Stark's face, I did not know what to say. But his face - that damn captivating face, demanding for an answer. My eyes twinkled.

" Can I sit here with you ?", I broke the long silence. He nodded and gestured me to join him. He held my left arm and helped me sit on the slippery marbles. I laid my feet down into the cold water, besides him.

" Will it make a difference ? If I share what I think ? " I looked into his ocean eyes and asked.

" May be ."

" Have you always been like this ? "

" Like what ? " He frowned.

" I mean the way you are. Serious all the time, trying to hide what you feel, and sometimes loosing your temper ! " I smirked.

He rolled his eyes." I don't try to hide my feelings. I just don't care what people think about me. That's all. " He turned his face to the other side and started to swing his feet in the water making round circles in it. He felt liek a little kid to me now.

" But you did ask me. "

He turned his face towards me, " It was just a question. And you know what, you really don't have to say anything. " He gave me a long face.

I kept observing him, trying to understand him - his mood swings

I kept observing him, trying to understand him - his mood swings. He confused me so much. Sometimes he is this caring person and sometimes he just shuts it off - not letting anyone in. Sometimes he is fun and sometimes he is so rude. It made me feel curious to know more about him. He turned his face away but I kept gazing at him.