Chapter 09 - We are not Friends

Stark Pov

Play music in background from spotify ( pehle bhi main- piano by Jason James )

My chest bumped into someone's head. I was already hurt due to the intense fight. I had major bruises on my trunk.

I heard a familiar voice. "You?"

My eyes sparkled. Not in pain but in excitement. And mostly hope. I was not sure what to hope for, but every time I was with this girl, whom I bumped into right now, I felt hope. Maybe, I hoped for myself. I felt childish again. She came as an excuse to make me live my childhood again.

I started to dissolve in her eyes again, so before she could notice that, I snapped out, "oouuchh! " I pretended to be hurt but in reality I was not feeling pain. Not anymore.

Her troubled innocent eyes blinked in confusion. She was definitely not expecting to bump into me in a supermarket. My personality did not go with the supermarket type. I was sure she felt the same. That explained her utter surprise and aww.

A peaceful silence spread in the air. Every kind of noise from our surroundings just stopped. Our eyes gazed at each other. She was not smiling. But I could tell she was happy to see me. She looked radiant in the attire she wore. That was my first time seeing her in such clothing. She looked exactly like those corporate employees but more smarter and prettier.

Why do you always bump into me? And right on to my chest. Every single time. I smirked as she seemed tinny from my height. Everything seemed to happen in slow motion around me. Soft breeze hitting her hair, making her tuck in her hair behind her ears, just like she does. I felt like a Bollywood movie star. I even laughed at myself for it in my mind.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" A low pitched voice from my front was heard.

I looked around me. It felt like everything came back to its normal pace all of a sudden. "Hi Anna. I... I came here to get some stuff."

She smiled but it faded straight away. "Hey stranger, what happened to your face?" She raised her hand to touch my face.

I shied away and looked here and there trying to cover my marks. "Nothing. Umm, you carry on." I went straight to the medicine counter trying to vanish myself into the crowd.

When I walked a couple steps, I tried to see through the corner of my eye, whether she was still watching me or not. But suddenly, a hand pulled me away from the crowd. "What are you doing?" I shouted. " Anna, stop."

She pulled me and cornered me in the back door entrance. It was a little darker than the other areas of the store. Just a dim light was lit a few inches above our head. The walls were painted all black making it harder to see things around.

"Tell me what happened to you?" Her worried eyes demanded.

I chuckled. "Why?" I do not owe you any answers. Now move away."

Third person POV

Anna demanded answers from Stark. She saw the bruises on his face and she was worried sick. She recalled how they fled the goons the other day. She was anxious that something similar might have happened and Stark is trying to conceal it.

But why was she worried about him? She came here to start a career of her own. Why was she falling for this mess? She knew Stark was not going to be healthy for him in the long run but yet she kept bumping into him? That made her question the universe.

Stark refused to answer Anna. He was stubborn just like her. Stark had his reasons.

"Look Stark, whatever happened that night, after that..." Anna stopped mid way. She realised she did not know what she was going for.