years later

After three years of your sister's death you wanted something to help cope with. While (y/n) was out scouting for supplies. When they heard a whine from what you assumed to be an animal.

After heading your way to the sound moving rubble and find a poodle with rubble on their paw. (Y/n) not seeing a collar on the poodle. 'Poor thing what are you doing out here?' (y/n) questions in their head. Deciding whether or not to take the dog with them.

Taking the poodle with you giving them some food and water. Thinking of a name for the poodle. " I can't call you dog all the time so your name will be rainbow." (Y/n) speaking while rainbow eating all the food in one bit. " You must of been stuck there for a while." Rainbow looking back as a response to what (y/n) had said.

Following (y/n) is the rest of their journey.

//Master Chief's pov//

Me and Blue team had just came back to infinity and after our mission. As soon as the pelican landed on the landing bay my Com beeped. " Chief get your ass over to the command deck we got a mission for you." Johnson spoke through the COMS.

" I'll be there" chief said blunt and stern. " I've been given a mission the rest of you rest." Speaking to the last of the marines that survived the mission.

Chief making it to the command deck with having every person who worked on the infinity saluted me. I continued walking through the sliding door being greeted by " Chief there has been covenant movement on (p/n). We need you to check it out." Captain Lasky said going straight to the point.

I  nodded in agreement walking and started the new mission I had received.

//In the pelican//

Chief having remember some of the memories with Cortana on missions and other exilerating times. The pelican landed in a once grass meadow, chief now running out of the pelican seeing the remaining buildings of the once bustling city before the covenant war.

After walking a few miles chief hears a voice and a dog bark. Thinking it's human lowers his riffle and running into a search elite for the covenant. 'Fuck' chief said in his head.