Remember Me?

"We should make a lap around the building to see if we run into Drake," Tasha suggested.

"I thought we were here mainly for Kendrick," I said.

"Girl, please! I'm here for my baby daddy, Kenny just happen to be opening for him," Tasha said with a hair flip.

Evon busted out laughing," You a fool girl! I actually want to see Kenny. I haven't seen him perform on a big stage before."

"Same," I agreed.

"Cool, more Drake for me," Tasha said, giggled.

"Hey, Kay," a group of ladies I know said, walking past us.

"Hey," I said, smiling automatically.

"I told you she was gonna get a lot of those," Tasha said to Evon, being salty.

I just shrugged. A lot people must be here for Kendrick too because I'm seeing alot of people from Compton and they all want to say hi. Not gonna lie, I felt like a celebrity myself. People greeting me, wanting to chat for a bit, wanting to take pictures with me and the girls, some was asking for my availability to do their hair and/or makeup. We haven't even made it to the backside of the arena yet.

"I swear if we get stopped one mo time," Tasha threatened.

"Right? Kay, I knew you was popular but damn," Evon said.

"Sorry," I laughed.

"Don't be sorry heffa, be careful," Tasha said, referencing Friday After Next.

"Aye, ain't this where USC graduations be held at?," Evon asked.

"Galen Center, yep! This where I'll be next year, let's gooooo," I said excitedly. I started twerking and the girls was hyping me up. Man, I can't wait to be done with school.

"Yo Kay!"

"Bruh on God!," Tasha immediately said, about to go off.

I looked around to see who called for me.

"Girl, look over there," Evon pointed behind me.

"Tasha, Evon! What's good?!"

I turned around to see a group of guys standing against the wall of the building. I didn't recognize them from a far so I just waved at them.

"Girl, if you don't bring yo ass over here and let me holla at you," one of the guys with a bucket hat on said. 

I looked at the girls, confused. Tasha rolled her eyes, grabbed my arm and began walking towards them with Evon following.

"You know these guys?," I asked Tasha.

"Duh foo and you do too! All of a sudden you have bad case of amnesia," Tasha said.

As we got closer, the girls greeted them.

"Hey y'all," Evon said, smiling. Tasha started hugging the guys.

Lord, my memory is whack as fuck right now. Q and Mack I remembered but I don't remember anyone else. Q didn't go to the same school we did but he was around Kendrick and Mack a lot.

Q held out his arms to me," Ain't gonna give a nigga a hug?"

I giggled, accepting his hug. Squeezed the hell out of me.

"I can't breathe, Q," I laughed.

"The best kinda hugs," he said, still holding me.

He was one of those 'give me a hug' dudes back then so I'm not surprised. He finally let go and I took a deep breath.