One Wish

GOOD KID, M.A.A.D CITY IS FINALLY OUT!

It's been out for a few weeks now! I'm so proud of Kendrick!

He's been super busy with promoting around LA, he went to NYC to promote as well. I didn't go with him, unfortunately because luck wasn't on my side when I contracted a case of the flu. 🙃

Nobody else around me was or got sick but somehow I did. One day I woke up with a cough and sore throat, I knew I was gonna be sick but usually it last for a few days. After a 4 days, my symptoms got severe. Bad coughing, losing my voice, cold sweats, fever, pains, nausea, headaches, SUPER drowsy and shortness of breath, I basically was dying. I tried to play it off the first few days but that 3rd day, I couldn't even get out of bed.

My mom suspected it to be at least the flu. She had to take me to the doctor where they diagnosed me with a 'mild' flu. If this was mild...I'm gonna pray for those that are severe. I've been taking medication but it's still taking forever to recover from.

But yeah so, I literally got sick a couple days before the album had dropped so it prevented me from celebrating. Kendrick, Evon, Tasha, and other friends, even clients, called often to check up on me. Sometimes, through mama because I would probably be too out of it.

There was one day, I slept the whole day and my mom thought I stopped breathing because in her words,' I was too still.'

But after a few weeks, I'm doing A LOT better. I can breathe again, thank god! I still have a minor cough and scratchy throat, even slightly tired but I'm good.

I had Tasha get me some passion twists hair before she went to work one day because I'm well enough to get out of bed and eat, let me do something to my hair. Plus, I have an event I'm going to Rihanna invited me to in a week for her makeup brand, Fenty Beauty so it's just more convenient to just put it in protective hairstyle.

Red hair didn't last long. I just ended up coloring it back to black after my birthday.

I decided to document the process as something to post since I have been MIA. I've also been documenting the evolution of my salon. I haven't came up with the name just yet but I'm getting it renovated.

My aunt Angie have been stopping by the salon and keeping me updated on everything while I've been sick. It seems to be coming along great. I asked Felicity to help get the word around to anyone looking for a booth or even interested working under me because I want the whole vibes. Not only can clients get their makeup and hair done, also their nails, facials, facial and body waxes, massages. The whole spa, self care deal.

I want my salon to be THE spot because I do all of it if need be.

If things go as planned, I could have a grand opening by at least, February. I just need to get people in there and the place up and running because I gotta go on tour with Kendrick coming this upcoming summer. Tasha said she's more than willing to help run the place in my absence which is much appreciated.

So I have until around April to have everything together and organized. I also will be prepping for graduation as well. I know it's gonna be in May, just unsure of the date exactly. I'll have to leave tour to do that. I'm worried that Kendrick won't be able to make it, him and the guys. It would be unfortunate if they couldn't but I'll obviously understand.

I have the house to myself yet again. Gianna and nana have been staying with my aunt and uncle while I was sick being Gigi is going to school now and nana already have health issues. Mama didn't want them to get sick because at the time, we didn't know my diagnosis yet. Mama had to take off to take of me but once I got better to be able to get myself around, she went back to work.