chapter 5

Lilliana Violet Summerset

November 18, 2011

We made it to California

We're actually here, after years of agonizing wait and hateful longings... I was here.

But as quickly as I felt the excitement, the quicker it dispersed. I wasn't here to showcase my amazing talents or to give the world a blockbuster movie... I was here to help a blasted friend who subsequently threw me under the bus and took what should have been mine.

Honestly, at this point, I have no idea if I would have even made it or not if it wasn't for him. Would the world have even cared about my music or would they write me off like some annoying teenager who was high-strung on her best friend? Did Hollywood even accept people that looked like me? Was I even prepared to throw myself into high water and allow the world to make uninformed judgments about me?

I don't know the answer to any of that. So, I try not to think about it.

Instead, I think about the beautiful sight in front of me. Zayn, Harry, and I were dropped off at an apartment complex in the heart of Santa Monica. Actually, we were quite close to the pier, we could see the blinding lights from our windows and the walls were soundproof so that no noise seeped through from outside or the adjoining rooms.

Harry had gotten an apartment close to his house for me the moment I told him I would accompany him to California, before he knew Zayn was coming along he was okay with the living situation, now... not so much.

He immediately started to look for two-bedroom apartments on the other side of California... like Calabasas far. But after reminding him that Zayn and I were 'dating' he gave up his quest with a huff and has made our lives a living hell for it.

Like earlier, when we got off of the plane, he wouldn't let Zayn sit next to me saying, "You get to live with her... isn't it fair if I got to sit next to her?" Neither Zayn nor I replied, so he took that as an invitation. Sitting as close to me as possible and 'accidentally' brushed our legs together. Harry would give me a cheeky grin to match my irritated glare and I would return to ignoring him.

After not receiving the attention he so desperately desired, Harry took to following us to our apartment to make sure we were 'comfortable'. Again, he was taking every opportunity to annoy the shit out of me. He was right on my ass when I was walking up the steps, every move I made from the limo to the apartment, he was there.

I couldn't take it.

I was seriously going insane the more he hovered over me.

"Harry, leave me the fuck alone!" I snap at him as he was fighting with Zayn about who could carry my bags inside. He was acting like a literal child.

His green eyes glower at Zayn before backing away and handing me my purse. "Fine, I'll be leaving then." He responds to me but keeps his gaze on Zayn who refuses to match his stare. I'm pretty sure having someone like Harry stare you down would make you highly intimidated - so I don't blame him.