chapter 6

Lilliana Violet Summerset

December 30, 1999 - November 18, 2011

"Where did you want to go?" I ask Harry as we buckle up in the car. The sun was starting to set by the time we decided to leave the studio and embark on a spontaneous outing. My skirt was a great choice for today though, seeing as it was a painstaking eighty-five degrees outside right now.

Harry looks at me briefly before opening the glove compartment to pull out two pairs of lavender sunglasses, "Let's just say..." He grins at me, "you won't get hit a golfball this time."

I furrow my eyebrows at him and take the sunglasses out of his hands to fit them perfectly on my face, moving some hair to frame them and rolling down the window to let some air inside. Which, by the way, completely defeated the purpose of styling my hair because Harry was driving like a NASCAR driver.

"What're you talking about?" I ask in confusion. Harry turns a sharp right and some of my hair rushes forward completely covering my face, I give him an annoyed look to which he smiles.

"Caracon annual fair in ninety-nine?" He jogs my memory and I groan outwardly and lean against the headrest, watching as traffic passes us at our red light.

"Dammint, I forgot about that!"

December 30, 1999

"Hop inside!" Niall and Harry pulled up to my house with bright smiles. Niall was in the backseat and his hand was on the passenger headrest, holding his body forward as he looked at me through the front window. "Fair starts in two hours, move your pretty little ass."

"Hold the fuck on!"

My sister, Georgia, is sitting between my legs on the bench in front of my house. My dad packed a bag of lunch for her and made us both two scalding hot coffees. Even though I was fifteen and my younger sister was only nine, we bled coffee.

We were currently waiting for our mom to pick Georgia up and take her to ballet class. It's been five hours though and it was about twenty degrees in Caracon today. Needless to say, I didn't think she would show any time soon, if at all.

I could have taken her myself, but I hadn't gotten my car yet and only a parent with an I.D. can check her in for class.

Harry seems to have the same thought process as me because he gets out of the car and stands in front of us before crouching down to Georgia's height. "You wanna go to the fair, Bug?" He asks gently and I smile at him. He was always so soft with her and Alex, it made my heart flutter.

But Georgia doesn't have the same pessimism as Harry and I. She shakes her head vigorously and looks back at me before turning back to Harry indignantly. "No," her voice is shaky, "mom is coming soon. I have ballet class today. I'm the little pea!"