Chapter 37 - Getting serious

Alexis' POV

"It is temporary, Charlotte. I will convince him, please." I pleaded.

"No!" She stated, determined as she stood up.

"If you can't change his mind, what will we do next? Later, you will ask me to marry you and have your babies till you try to convince him?!" She commented mockingly and started pacing back and forth, ruffling her hair.

I sighed, standing up, and approached her. I rested my hands on her arms, stopping her.

"I will convince him. Don't worry. It won't take that long." I assured her, giving her a begging look.

She burst out laughing. "You told me it before starting to pretend we are a couple." She commented sarcastically.

I sighed. "Please help me. The company is so important to me. It isn't about money. My ancestors worked hard for our family business. I can't betray them. I promised my father that I will take care of my family and company. Moreover, I have responsibilities in front of my employees as well as their families." I said sincerely, looking into her eyes.

"No, Alex! Tell your grandpa I am not ready or whatever you want; I will not get engaged to you." She refused firmly. "I can just pretend to be your girlfriend, nothing more. And during it, try to change his mind. If you can't, then find someone else to be your fiancée." She added, determined and left without letting me say anything.

Damn it!

I kicked the chair angrily and ran my hands through my hair, gripping it tightly.

What will I do now?

I am sure my grandpa wants us to get engaged because he isn't still convinced that Charlotte and I are really in love.

If I tell him Charlotte doesn't want to get engaged, he will be sure that we lie to him about our relationship.

When he insisted that I asked Charlotte to take our relationship to the next level, I told him that it was new and we didn't want to marry soon. However, he told me if you found the one, it would be never early; you knew right away that you wanted to spend the rest of your life with that person. After it, he asked me a lot of questions about if I wasn't serious with Charlotte or not, blah, blah.

Charlotte's POV

Using the opportunity that it was the weekend, I decided to go to my brother's house; I missed my little niece, and I wanted to talk to Sienna about Alexis' crazy idea. Sienna was the only person who knew about my agreement with Alex.

When I arrived, Sienna greeted me warmly, hugging me.

"Where is my little bunny?" I asked joyfully as I pulled back.

"She is sleeping." Sienna informed me. "It had been an hour. So she will wake up soon." I nodded happily. "So... How is it going with your friend?" She gave me a mischievous grin.

I rolled my eyes. "He has a new crazy idea. I will tell you later." I shook my head in disbelief. "Where is Romeo?" I asked, looking around.

"He is in the garden. Nathan is here too." She replied softly.

I smiled, excited. I hadn't seen Nathan the last few weeks.

Suddenly, we heard baby cries.

"She woke up. I will come back soon. Make yourself at home!"

I nodded, giving her a warm smile before she went upstairs. Then I went towards the garden after placing my bag on the couch in the living room.

"What is going on between you and that girl?" I stopped walking when I heard Romeo's question. They were sitting on the sun loungers, their backs towards me.