Chapter 42 - Trouble

Alexis' POV

I rested my hand on Charlotte's back and led her into the building. As soon as we entered the lobby, I noticed Nathan talking to a woman who worked in the hotel. At first glance, there was nothing suspicious. However, when Charlotte stopped to talk to her acquaintance, I saw Nathan grabbing that woman's arm, pulling her into his chest, and told her something while there were a few inches between their lips; despite the fact, they were standing at the corner away from the people, I could feel the attraction between them.

Well... Well...

It seems our little Carter isn't so innocent. The Carter genes started showing themselves.

"Alex?" Charlotte called me, interrupting my thoughts.

"Umm... Yes." I gave her a wide grin.

"What happened? You are weird. This devilish smirk on your face is scaring me." She gave me a suspicious look.

"Nothing. Let's go." I said, giving her a smile as I grabbed her hand and led her towards the restaurant.

After the meeting, we left the hotel and got in my car. As much as Charlotte tried to bump into Nathan, we hadn't seen him. Probably, he was busy with his employee with slender legs.

"Your baby-faced ex should be careful with his little friend, or he could get sued because of harassment." I mocked after starting the car.

"What? Why?" She raised her eyebrow.

"Haven't you noticed before? Our favourite Carter is so close to one of his employees. I am sure they already fucked." I commented sarcastically.

"What the hell are you talking about?!" She grimaced in disgust. "Nathan isn't like that; he doesn't fuck everything that moves. And which employee are you talking about?"

"Oh really?! Does he have problems? Oh poor guy!" I flashed her a mocking smirk. "We saw her when we were here the last time. He was beside Nathan."

She averted her gaze and ruffled her hair. From her expression, I could guess she had already noticed their closeness before.

"Don't talk nonsense! He has no problem. Nathan isn't a ruthless playboy; he is a good man. And he doesn't have any relationship with that girl or anyone else." She commented dryly after breathing deeply.

"Oh yeah. For sure." I smirked, unconvinced.

"Are you jealous of him?" She raised her eyebrow and gave me a sly look.

"Of course not!" I frowned. "Why should I be? If I wanted you, you would already be mine, no one else's." I stated confidently. "And I can assure you I can make you come more than a dozen times in one round than he made anyone come in his entire life." I added arrogantly.

She gulped nervously as her cheeks flushed. I smirked, self-satisfied and looked at her salaciously. She bit her lower lip and averted her gaze.

"Alex!" She mumbled uneasily and cleared her throat. "Dream on!"

I smirked, "If it happens, it would be you who would think it is a dream, and I promise you would never forget every second of that night." I stated huskily and winked at her before traveling my tongue over my lower lip, looking at her lustfully.

She rolled her eyes and nibbled her lower lip, squeezing her legs, trying not to draw attention, but it didn't miss my eyes. I grinned triumphantly as seeing my effect on her made me happy.

***

I was sipping my whiskey while looking at Charlotte. She looked breathtaking in her red strapless long dress with side slit. We were at the gala hosted by Aspen Anderson.