Chapter 41 - Jealousy

Charlotte's POV

"You haven't changed at all." I commented, giving him a knowing look.

"Glad to know I didn't lose my charm." He said arrogantly. "By the way, you are stunning as always." He added huskily, grabbing my hand, and rested a soft kiss on my knuckles.

"You are a smooth talker." I winked at him playfully. He chuckled. "Where have you disappeared? I didn't see you at Anne's birthday party." I asked, intrigued.

"I was busy." He replied, placing his hand in his pocket.

I raised my eyebrow. "Hmm." I gave him a sly look.

"Nothing like that." He shook his head, smirking.

"I don't think so." I grinned devilishly.

He chuckled, amused. "Maybe slightly." He confessed, gestured to it using his index finger and thumb, and gave me his signature grin.

I burst out laughing and shook my head. "By the way, I heard Jayden is getting engaged. Congratulations! When will the engagement be?" I asked, giving him a warm smile.

Jayden was his twin brother. Despite the fact they were identical twins, their characters were totally opposite. Jayden was calm, serious and disciplined, nothing like Kayden.

"Yeah. Thank you." He mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck uneasily as his expression changed. "They haven't decided yet." He added with a serious expression.

"Wishing them happiness. I saw them a few months ago at the café; they looked so cute together and madly in love." I commented softly.

He gulped as his face paled. "Oh...yeah." He mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck. I gave him a confused look; he looked strange and his mood changed as soon as I mentioned Jayden and his fiancée. "I am sorry, but I have to do some chit-chat with boring guys." He rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"Good luck." I winked at him playfully.

"Thanks. See you later." He placed a soft kiss on my cheek and walked away.

"You bump into your fans wherever you go." Alexis scowled as he approached me.

"Don't talk nonsense. We are just friends." I rolled my eyes.

"You looked too close to be just friends." He commented between gritted teeth.

I sighed, bored. "We are. Yes, we went on dates a few times, then we decided to stay friends." I confessed honestly.

He gave me a mocking smirk despite the fact, his gaze was so intimidating and his muscles were tense.

"Come on, Alex. There is nothing to be jealous of." I assured him.

"I am not." He denied angrily.

"I even introduced his ex-girlfriend to him." I resumed, ignoring his denial. I knew him very well not to believe that he wasn't jealous.

"Fine, it is so reassuring. Especially because it is his ex." He commented sarcastically.

"Dear, if he is a womanizer, it isn't my problem." I commented dryly.

He heaved a loud sigh, rolling his eyes. "Yes, I forgot for a moment who is your golden boy." He declared in a sardonic tone and looked towards the entrance.

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at where he was looking. Nathan was standing there while Romeo approached him cheerfully.

"Alex!" I sighed, exasperated by Alex's behavior. Before Kayden, now Nathan. "I will leave you alone, letting you be consumed by your jealousy. And don't worry; I don't rush towards my ex. I am going to talk to Sienna." I added dryly and walked towards my friend without letting him say anything.