Chapter 2 The Lone Cyborg

The young hero awoke with a yawn, rolling off his bed and stretching his limbs. He wore a pair of black shorts and a gray tank top, his toned body accented by the articles. The sun had yet to rise, so he simply decided to treat himself to breakfast.

Citrine: Good morning, mom.

. . .

The boy found himself with a bowl of cereal before taking a seat on the couch and turning on the news.

Reporter: (TV) Though the damage caused by the monsters who called themselves  "Vaccine Man" and "Beefcake" were extensive, the Hero Association has saved thousands of lives from the destruction. It is also reported that the world's strongest man, King, was the one who defeated both monsters.

Citrine: Hm. As expected of King.

He quickly finished his cereal and returned to his room. The young man exited fully clad in his hero attire.

Citrine: Okay! Now, what to do today. . .?

His TV was still on, as was the news.

Reporter 2: (TV) We interrupt this program for breaking news. A large swam of mosquitos has been sighted in City Z. Mummified remains of attacked farm animals have also been found. If you encounter a swarm of mosquitoes, flee immediately.

The B-Class Hero adjusted his sleeves as he stepped towards his home's exit. The sun was now rising, and he could sense two large power levels coming from the City Z ghost town. . .

Citrine: Hopefully I'm not too late. I'm heading out, mom!

The young man ran out of his home and took to the skies. . . .

———————————————————————

Z City - Ghost Town

The mosquito swarm crept through the streets, the number of bugs so grand that they formed a mass of pure darkness.

This is an emergency evacuation warning. Disaster Level: Demon. No resident is to go outside under any circumstance. I repeat, no City Z resident is to go outside. . .

Genos - Cyborg of Justice

The blonde cyborg stood atop a roof, eyeing the horde of mosquitos as they took the skies.

Genos: . . . Acquiring Target.

A hefty laugh echoed across the streets as a man stepped out of a store, carrying a sack of jewels.

Idiot: Thanks to that evacuation order, everyone's gone! Like someone's gonna die from a mosquito bite! Ha! What's losing a little blood if I get all this. . .?

And then, the mass of blood suckers struck. In a mere moment, his horrified cries echoed as he was completely covered from head to toe by the swarm, losing pints of blood in seconds! The mosquitos suddenly dispersed, leaving a rotted corpse in their stead. . .