Chapter 6 The Modern Ninja

The week had been relatively uneventful, a odd lack of monsters appearances taking place.

Saitama: It's been five days since I've debuted as a Professional Hero. There haven't been any serious incidents so far.

The Caped Baldy was laying in bed reading manga.

Saitama: However, for some reason, Genos is staying at my house. What are you writing over there?

In the Cyborg's hands was a journal, where he recorded each and every movement and mannerism made by his sensei.

Genos: I'm recording the details of your lessons and training regiment.

Saitama: *facepalms* Crap. He's raising the bar again. . . I can't think of a single thing to teach this guy! I feel bad, like I'm scamming or something. Come on, think! Or just make up some technique or. . . spiritual theory! BAH! Strength training is all I've got! I know Genos won't be satisfied with that, plus the dude's a cyborg!

Genos: By the way, at the seminar, they said if you're a C-Class Hero, and you have no hero activity for a week, your name will be removed from the Hero Registry. Will you be all right, sensei?

Saitama: *dies* THEY SAID THAT?!?

Genos: Yes.

Saitama: But I was watching TV and there wasn't anything going on!

Genos: The news only reports major incidents, like natural disasters, terrorism and dangerous monsters. You always fight the most powerful enemies, so your probably do not know it, but C-Class primarily take care of purse snatchers, robberies, and other small crimes. With C-Class so full of heroes, to survive they must actively look for cases to solve. I hear many get discourage and change careers. Like a salesmen doing cold calls, nothing will come your way without legwork.

This is no time to be reading manga!

The Caped Baldy sprung up and immediately began outfitting himself with his yellow jumpsuit!

Genos: So, we're going?

Saitama: You stay here! If I'm with a S-Class Hero, a C-Class like me won't get any credit!

Genos: But as your disciple-!

Saitama: . . . Genos, from the beginning, my intense desire to be a hero was what drove me to strength training.

He fastened his gloves as his eyes grew sharper.

Saitama: For you, perhaps things will change if you aim higher as a hero.

Genos: *eyes widen*

Saitama: Frankly speaking, you're a cyborg, so training your body won't do. Instead, a change in mindset may lead you to greater strength. . .

He paled.

Saitama: Damn, I'm just making all this crap up. . .

Spotting his manga on the floor, the Baldy got an idea.

Saitama: So. . . in other words, it's not about having raw power or technique, it's about training your mind. To do that, you must first fight your way through the Professional Hero Industry. Aim to break into the top ten of the S-Class Heroes. That will be your goal for now.

Genos: . . . I understand. I will try my best!

Saitama was lucky Genos bought it. . . .

Soon after, the now Professional Hero, was racing across Z-City, frantically searching for anything to keep his place in the Hero Association! Needless to say, it was a very dusty day. . .