Chapter 9

Invading a church was not hard, even if Issei had to take a train to the next city to spend his entire Sunday going to church meetings. Nobody suspected of him, as he was just another lost soul wandering into God's house as the priests said.

Invading Heaven was another business altogether. Try as he might, Issei was having difficulty finding anything on how to enter God's domain. It was something he expected, finding a way to enter a different realm such as Heaven wasn't going a run to the convenience store, but it frustrated him anyway.

The Bible had some mentions on Heaven's gates and even information on the Garden of Eden, but to enter the domain of the angels, things weren't so easy. Issei sighed and reclined on his seat, the window showing the lightshow that was the city at night. It was little sights like these that made his work feel satisfying. That, and the fact he got to see a pretty girl smile. The teen was hoping to put a smile on Tiamat's face; the dragoness was at her best when smiling after all.

His earphones played some soft jazz, the music soothing his tired body. Listening to five different priests preaching had been tough, the pounding headache he had a proof that listening to someone speak for too long was tiring to say the least. Ddraig poked fun at his state, the red dragon enjoying Issei's internal monologue and why he would stay away from any church for a long while.

Collecting information wasn't the easiest job out there; it would become repetitive and filtering what was useful and what was small talk was tedious, and cross checking facts with previously known information was a puzzle in which the pieces were thrown away, burnt or crumbled, and you had to either use those or make yourself new information by doing things like these.

Issei sighed again, the music turning to a piano focused theme, something about healing and song, and stood up. His stop came and he exited the train, no one following him. It was quite late and tomorrow he and school. Lucky he the surprise test was going to be on English. How did he know there was going to be a surprise test? Well...Nothing you need to know right now.

[DxD]

"...And time is up kids, hands off the tests!" The teacher, a woman in quite the nice attire, said as she clapped her hands, a good deal of students groaning audibly. English was quite the annoyance to the majority of Japanese students, their own native language adding to the fact as phonemes and pronunciation made them commit stupid mistakes.

The teacher, Ms. Nakamura, collected the papers handed to her by the class representative, and glanced at some of the answers, some right, others wrong, but quite the good amount of passing scores. Her eyes, however, locked on one test in particular, Hyoudou Issei's page, and she had to stop and second guess herself as he skimmed through the answers written down. A perfect score, she couldn't find one mistake in the teen's test.

In all honesty the surprise test was more to find the level her students were at, the grades serving as a guide to see what she had to work on, but this score wasn't something she was expecting. She put the papers down atop her table and looked for the boy. Hyoudou was scribbling something on a notebook with a focused look on his face, his two friends beside him talking about games. She would be attentive of a student like that, someone who could ace a surprise test on a foreign language and not even looked worried about it.

[DxD]

As the classes went by, Issei mixed and matched ideas on how to invade Heaven, the amount of information he had was laughable. At his side, Matsuda and Motohama briefly explained their situation on school. The ex-jock and the photographer were still clean on their reputation, which was improving by leaps, and while there was the odd rumor about them being perverts, they had managed to evade any embarrassment up to now.