6: despair

6: despair

Freshman senior high student Hozuki Miyo stood before the Itadori household. Yesterday, he received news that Grandpa Wasuke passed away peacefully.

But Yuuji had also been present at that time.

He wanted to go back but his own grandmother, who had raised him since he was a baby, tasked him to deal with a curse at Nagano.

Thus, it was a few weeks later did he finally have time to visit his childhood friend.

Miyo was about to knock on the door when the neighbor saw him.

"Little Miyo, is that you?", The old man next door called out, eyes squinted to the extreme. Seeing him, Miyo approached the other, worry written all over his face.

"Grandpa Ishii, have you seen Yuuji? I've been trying to call him all this time but he wouldn't pick up."

"Ah," a flicker of surprise crossed through Grandpa Ishii's eyes. "Didn't he tell you? He transferred to a school in Tokyo."

"... what?"

.

.

Itadori Yuuji sat at the stairs near the entrance of the dorms.

This past few days, his head had been in the clouds.

Ever since he came to know the world of jujutsu sorcerers and curses, he decided to cut ties with Miyo.

He didn't want to involve the only person left in his life in this world filled with danger; where death was a common thing.

"Itadori," Megumi tapped on the pinket's shoulder. "We should get going."

"Oh," Yuuji's absentminded expression did a hundred eighty as he beamed at Megumi. "Right! Let's get going. Where's Kugisaki??"

"She's already at the car."

"Ack- I didn't know!"

Today, they were given a mission to rescue potential survivors at a detention center where a cursed womb, which had the potential to be a special grade cursed spirit, appeared.

.

.

Hozuki Miyo was familiar with Tokyo Metropolitan Jujutsu Technical College.

And because of this, the hatred that brewed deep within him had lost control. He had charged into the school, demanding that they hand over Yuuji.

But what did he find out?

They sent Yuuji at a place where a cursed womb resided.

It was the first time Miyo felt such a sense of lost and panic.

They sent Yuuji to such a dangerous place.

Yuuji who had been dragged into the world of jujutsu sorcerers when he had long been away for the first time.

Yuuji who was new to everything.

Yuuji who he treasured.

Bastards.

Scoundrels.

Scums who are far lower than cursed spirits!

How dare you...

How dare you send my Yuuji to that kind of place?

My Yuuji mustn't be tainted.

He's my sunflower; brimming with life and living in the light.

Don't bathe him in the dark.

Don't make him lose that light.

Don't let him wither in a world filled with death.