8: deal

8: deal

Itadori Yuuji had long woken up from his supposed death.

But other than Shoko Ieiri and Gojo Satoru, no one else knew that he was alive.

On second thought... his eyes drifted to the slumbering Hozuki Miyo on the bed Gojo provided in this little hideout. From what he heard, Miyo had arrived just in time to see him die. Yuuji didn't even last long enough to see his treasured person.

Bitter guilt filled Yuuji's heart.

Although he had the right to be angry because all this time, Miyo had been a recognized jujutsu sorcerer; Yuuji didn't have the heart to. Just like what he did, Miyo had probably hid this identity of his to protect him.

The more he thought about it, the more Yuuji found it silly.

They hid things from each other to protect one another. Yet, in the end, the so-called secret was something the other already knew.

If Yuuji had just told Miyo right from the start, would his treasured person still be lying on this bed, without any signs of waking up?

"Are you guys close?" Yuuji, who had been deep in his thoughts, jumped away from the couch. He screeched fright, waving the balloon hammer frantically in the air. It took him a few seconds to process that it was only his teacher who appeared.

"Gojo-sensei, make some noice when you arrive next time!" The pinket whined while hugging the balloon hammer in his arms.

Gojo Satoru snickered. "Yes, yes, little student. So, why don't you answer my question now?"

"Uh, oh!" Yuuji blinked. "Miyo and I, well, we're childhood friends."

"Friends?" The teacher's lips pursed, as if he could not believe what his student just said. "You say that... little Hozuki knows how to keep a conversation going?"

"... it's mostly me doing the talking-"

"No wonder!" Gojo bumped a fist on his open palm. "I met him when he was younger but little Hozuki sucker punched me in the crotch."

"..."

"..."

"Maybe you deserve-"

"Start training, Yuuji~"

.

.

The Izanami Clan was a clan of sorcerers.

Their inherent cursed techniques revolve around the word creation.

The strongest jujutsu sorcerer from the Izanami Clan came from over a thousand years ago. She could bring whatever she thought of to life; whether they were inanimate objects or living organisms, she could conjure them all.

The only limit was her imagination.

But the drawback was just as powerful.

The more she made things that were far too advanced in her time, her mind would deteriorate. And so, she decided to only make whatever was necessary and nothing more.

Of course there were exceptions but there were too few of them.

Ever since, no one had been able to inherit her cursed technique.

The closest was Hozuki Miyo's Storytelling.

.

.

Sukuna had fought with the Izanami Clan many times.

He loved dancing to their screams whenever he took their hearts out with his bare hands. It would beat at palm, warm blood flowing through his fingers.

The once lively beat grew weaker and weaker until the heart stopped pumping. Whenever he witnessed this, Sukuna would feel a sense of satisfaction and this addicting feeling would drive him to cause more chaos.

The most troublesome opponent he ever encountered at the peak of his strength was none other than the female head of the Izanami clan who could bring imaginations to life.

Now that he met someone whose technique closely resembled hers, he wanted to get that thrilling sensation back that came along with such a grand battle.

With Binding Vow in place, Sukuna would be able to seek that blood-boiling feeling back in the near future.