~Chapter One~

~Parseltongue~

"Speaking"

'Thoughts'

*Letters & Books*

"Creature speak"

Harry will be blind in his right eye

Let's begin

TW: Child abuse, mentions of Alcohol, swearing

Harry's POV

Pain...That's all I could feel right now as I lay on the floor in my- Dudley's second bedroom, my own blood pooling out of my head from where Uncle Vernon hit me with his alcohol bottle. He came home drunk, mad about something that happened at his work, Grunnings. He then called me over to him. As I walked, I knew this wouldn't go down well. I stopped in front of him and asked what he needed.

He started screaming at me, saying how I caused him to miss a promotion. He punched me in the stomach and I cried out in pain. After what felt like an hour, but was really only about ten minutes, he stopped and walked away. I didn't move, knowing he'd be back soon. I was right, I could hear him stomping towards me. 

I decided to risk looking at him to see what he had with him. My eyes went wide with fear as I saw the kitchen knife in his hands. I whimpered and tried to move away, but that only seemed to anger Vernon more as he grabbed me by my neck and lifted me up roughly. Vernon threw me to the floor and started the beating again, this time using the knife to make cuts deep on my body.

I could hear him screaming about never wanting to hear my pathetic voice again as he kept slicing and beating up my body. I finally lost consciousness as I could see the darkness clouding my vision. That's how I woke up now, on my bedroom floor in pain. A few minutes later I got up and stumbled my way to the bathroom, seeing that I had been out for a few days along the way. 

'Great' I thought as I washed the blood off my head. It was then that I noticed the big cut over my eye, I quickly washed it best I could and tried to open it. I soon found that I couldn't open my eye and let out a frustrated huff. Then I remembered something. 'I missed my birthday yesterday, maybe I can catch the Knightbus to the leaky cauldron to go shopping early? Hopefully no one asks about my eye.'

With that thought in mind, I finished up in the bathroom and quietly made my way back to Dudley's second bedroom to get ready to leave before the Dursley's woke up. I quietly got changed, and grabbed my pouch which had some of my money in it. Then grabbed my trunk with all my school supplies in it like my books, robes, wand and my past belongings. I got my wand out and carried my trunk down the stairs and out the door and walked a few blocks to the rusty old park. I pointed my wand up and called for the Knightbus, which came a split second later.

I quickly covered my scar with my hair before the same guy from last year, Stan Shunpike, opened the door. "Welcome to the Knightbus, emergency transport for the stranded witch or wizard. My name is Stan Shunpike and I will be your conductor this evening" Stan announced while going to lean on the door. "Hello Stan, I was wondering if you could take me to the Leaky Cauldron, please." I replied politely. 

Stan looked a bit surprised by that. Has he never been spoken to politely before? I thought. He got out of his shock before speaking again. "Right um, sure Leaky Cauldron, come on in sir, Ern, to the Leaky Cauldron." As I sat down, with my trunk between my legs, I held on tight before the Knightbus shot forwards with a bang.