~Chapter Six~

~Parseltongue~

"Speaking"

'Thoughts'

*Letters & Books*

Harry's POV

Severus sighs, before taking a deep breath. "The Dark Lord's true motives were to create an orphanage for magical children, and to have a school for muggleborns aged five to 10. He wanted them to know our customs, our laws, and our traditions. Although the traditions have been getting banned ever since Dumbledore became Chief Warlock." He explained, voice sounding annoyed as he explained what was happening to our traditions. "Is there any way to stop Dumbledore from destroying our culture and tradition?" I ask, hoping there was a way to bring back our culture. 

"I would say if someone had enough seats in the Wizengamot and aligned themselves with the dark faction to stop anti- creature bills, that we might have a fighting chance to slowly bring the Dark Lord's true goals into motion." Severus explains, unknowingly giving me an idea. I think back to my inheritance test and try to remember all my lordships and heirships so I can ask if they have any seats. The Potter and Black lord and heir ships have seats, although I don't know how many. "Can heirs sit on the Wizengamot if they're from an important house?" I ask hoping that I could just sit on the Wizengamot with the Potter lordship and Black heirship. 

"They can if they've been legally emancipated by Goblin law, Wixen law or my Lady Magic herself. Why do you ask?" He answers professionally, a hint of confusion in his voice. "My inheritance test states that I'm Heir Black. If I was emancipated then I could sit as Heir Black but I guess I could sit as Lord Potter." I say, a bit put down as I can't do what I planned. Severus just looks at me amused, which is confusing me. "You do know that if one has more than one lord or heirship and they have seats on the Wizengamot then they could use all their house seats at once." He smirks at me as I just sit there in shock, blinking in confusion. 

"Can a lord or heir sit on the Wizengamot anonymously?" I ask shortly, getting over my stupor quickly. "Yes, in the old times, wixen families had a lot of blood feuds and a lot of heir's, lords and ladies were getting killed. So an act of peace was put into place when a Wizengamot meeting was in session, and a lord, heir or lady could sit anonymously as to not be harmed or killed." Severus answers slowly, wary for my reaction. I just sit there quietly, thinking of what I could do. "Did they have a different name while sitting anonymously?" I ask, wondering if I could use the Hogwarts and the Peverell seats anonymously with a different name. 

"I believe so yes, it was mostly a name that represented who they were but was still secret." Severus said, face showing mild confusion. Taking pity on him, I start to explain my thinking. "So if I were to use the Hogwarts and Peverell seats, excluding the Slytherin seats for now since I'm only Slytherins heir, how many seats would I have in total?" Realisation starts to appear on Severus' face as he understands where I'm getting at. "We would have to go to Gringotts to find out, maybe also claim your lordship and heirship rings if you haven't already." 'That's a good idea' I think to myself. 

Nodding, we start to discuss when to meet up at Gringotts. We decided to go tomorrow at 9:15am to claim my lordships and heirships, and to look through my vaults"I will give you a small booklet of the Dark Lords true motives tomorrow at Gringotts. You can read through it in your own time." Severus says as he stands to leave through the floo. "Okay, I'll make sure to read through it thoroughly. I'll even put a few parseltongue wards over it so only I can read it." I reply evenly, dusting non-existent dust off my robes. Severus nods and walks to the fireplace, grabbing a pinch of floo powder and looking at me. 

"Stay safe Harry." I smile at him and nod before there's a bright green flame and he's gone. Now alone, I head towards the master study to write a letter to Sirius. I'll charm the paper with a parseltongue spell so that anyone who isn't mentioned on the letter cannot read it. It'll just look like an ordinary letter. I open the door to the master study, which has a lard dark oak desk, with a matching chair that's charmed to be comfortable. There are large floor to ceiling bookcases surrounding three walls with a small fireplace on the last one. there are two singular sofas next to the fire place that are a deep jade in colour.