~Chapter Two~

~Parseltongue~

"Speaking"

'Thoughts'

*Letters & Books*

"Creature speak"

WARNING; THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MENTIONS OF PAST SEXUAL ASSAULT

*There will be a trigger warning when it starts*

Harry's POV

When I came back to the land of living, I was greeted by marble white walls, that were too bright. I shut my eyes again and groaned at the splitting headache I could feel coming, but that only brought attention to me. "Lord Potter are you alright? Can you try to sit up?" Memories from before flooded back to me and I sat up at Gornuk's voice, despite the sudden rush of pain I felt.

I looked towards him and saw that I was in a hospital of sorts, that I assume is in Gringotts. "Easy Lord Potter, you just went through a powerful ritual and you needed to be treated for all those wounds you've got on your person, we would like to know how you didn't scream while in the ritual chambers? It's a very painful experience for most." Gornuk exclaimed in a rush.

I smiled slightly. "For all the wounds I'm surprised you found out about them, but goblins are smart creatures so I should've known." For that I received a smirk from all the goblins in hearing range. "As for the lack of screaming, well let's just say I've been taught that if I'm quiet I won't be in more pain later."

Gornuk frowned at this but said nothing. "I learned that at five, so most weeks I wasn't in pain." I told him proudly. Even though it's not normal, I'm very proud of that fact. And I've come to accept that I'm anything from normal. But by the grimaces on all of their faces I don't think they agree with my thinking. "Lord Potter that, that isn't something to be proud of." A healer goblin told me. They look smaller than the other goblins so I assume they're younger.

"Oh, I'm aware it's not normal for people to be proud of something like that, but the way I see it, it's either to learn or feel pain. If something I do doesn't cause me too much pain a day, I see it as an achievement." The goblins look a little sick. I feel sorry for them. I mean, besides Stan, they're the first people to somewhat learn of my abuse at the Dursley's, and all I've done is make them uncomfortable.

 "Sorry, that's the one thing I'm still trying to learn, to say things that are normal to others. I apologise for making you all uncomfortable." I say a bit sheepishly. The goblins look at each other then back to me. I'm a bit confused about what's wrong, then Gornuk speaks up. "Lord Potter, while healing you, the healers had to take off your clothing and anything on you, including the bandage around your eye."

I pale as the sudden realisation hit me. They know about my missing eye, and I've just given them proof that I've gone insane in their eyes. And maybe even mine... Oh no, this is bad, why do I always have bad luck!? "You know about my missing eye, correct?" I said calmly, surprisingly my voice didn't shake like it normally does when I'm afraid or nervous. It sounds devoid of emotions.

"We do Lord Potter, may we know how it happened, and who is abusing you?" Gornuk asked quietly. "My uncle got a little too mad a few days ago. He came home drunk and beat me then started to use a kitchen knife."

"I woke up yesterday morning and didn't realize my eye was missing until on my way to Diagon Ally on the Knightbus, when Stan healed me as much as he could. I think he gouged it out when I was unconscious. My relatives don't like me very much because I'm abnormal and I have magic." I replied as steadily as I could.

The goblins started shouting in their language, deciding it best to ignore them for now, I turned to Gornuk who was the only one not yelling, but still looking angry. "Is there anything you could do about my eye? The Dursley's always called me a freak or an abomination, and without an eye, I see myself as a freak." I explained quietly. The goblins seemed to quiet down at this, but were looking even more mad.