Prologue

CW PARENT DEATH

The child screamed and cried in fear, he didn't know who this woman was, and she looked mean.

Kiyotaka at that time was only two years old. He was unable to understand what was going on, the woman had a staff, which was illegal to have as a commoner, which she was.

This was a witch, which was outlawed in this kingdom. She was a brunette, with slim eyebrows, and blue eyes. Her lips were cracked. She looked beautiful, yet so ugly at the same time. As he heard the footsteps, she quickly mumbled something which caused her staff to light up. This made Taka cry, even more, she quickly poked him with the light. What she just did was a curse.

You see, this was a witch who was petty about the illegalization of magic which happened decades ago. When she'd heard of two new princes being born, she'd come up with a plan. She wanted a king who had to feel the pain of the subjects, never having powers.

She honestly didn't know much about the curse, but she was aware it would take away powers. Here's one main problem though, it slowly took away sanity too.

Kiyotaka's mother soon ran into the room. At the time, she was incredibly ill and was unsure what may happen next, but that is unimportant.

She quickly used her staff, which stunned the woman on the floor. She ran straight to Taka. "Hey, it's OK, I'm right here," she said picking him up. She gently rubbed his forehead. He gently passed out in her arms. She put him in his crib. "Takaaki!" she shouted, her husband and Taka's father ran it. "Yes?" he asked, his eyes widening at the woman on the floor. "W-What happened?" he stammered.

"I heard Taka crying so I went to go check on him," she explained. "Then I saw this WITCH, with him. I believe she cast a curse."

The girl on the floor smiled. "That's right, there's no way to reverse it. The best part is he'll never have powers like the rest of you. We'll have a king who is just like us. This all could've been prevented if you didn't outlaw magic," the witch said, smiling smugly.

"That's not true! You must be lying! There much be some way to reverse the curse!" His mother shouted, almost panicked.

The which smiled. "You brought this on yourself," she said.

No more than a week later, the witch was executed for what she did and the illegal use of magic.

Over the next month, Taka's mother died.

Kiyotaka still grew up without powers, and when his sanity started fading he was hidden from everyone outside of the royal family, rumours of his lack of powers spread since he was five. They were eventually confirmed by Takaaki, what Takaaki didn't realize when he confirmed this he made the entire kingdom just about want his son (who was only 10 at the time) dead.

Luckily for Taka, due to his sanity, he was kept safe from everyone and was only allowed to see Kiyo.

As the years went by a lot changed, Kiyo herself came out as a transwoman. (she/it/xe)

Before he knew it, he was 21 and it was his time to become king. "Hey! Taka! I believe in you, you'll be the best king ever! Powers or not!" Kiyo said a smile on its face. Xe was always his closest fan and biggest supporter Taka didn't know what he'd do without her.

"Thank you, sister," he said. He sighed walking down the aisle, he was now going to be crowned king.

word count 617 words!