Chapter 1

Gore, Murder, decapitation, poverty, death threats

Kiyotaka Ishimaru was king for only seven months. Yet, he'd already had numerous assassins after him. He saw this as a game, though.

Why would any rational person see almost getting murdered as a game? Well, the thing is, he was not a rational person. When he was only two he was cursed.

You see, a while back his parents outlawed magic, many people resisted the rules and they were called 'witches'.

When Taka was young, a witch who was angry with the royal family for out ruling her magic decided the best thing, the most painful thing to them she could do was make their eldest son, just like everyone else in the kingdom, powerless. There was one side effect the witch was unaware of, which was how it would slowly take away sanity.

Why would Taka have so many assassins after him in the span of seven months though? Well, after the king and Queen banished magic from the kingdom to everyone but them, the kingdom started ranking royalty by powers, so when the prince/king didn't have any he was seen as weak and unfit for the throne.

Naturally, when he did become king they didn't like that. The more 'elite' tried to hire assassins on Taka. Luckily they all failed and were either executed or spared. It depended on his mood.

Now, let's focus on Mondo Oowada, a twenty-two-year-old assassin. He'd just gotten a call from the agency he worked for, they wanted him to kill the king.

Mondo himself honestly didn't mind the king, powers or not he did genuinely seem like he had the best for the kingdom in his mind, always seeming so rational and fearless.

He was unaware that this was him trying to present his best for the rule of an entire land, and that the REAL Kiyotaka Ishimaru was very different. I wouldn't call him a tyrant or evil, just not properly thinking. He didn't care for his safety and his behaviour when alone, or with just with Kiyo showed that.

But obviously, due to his job, he couldn't deny the offer. "Alright, I'll go at 12:35 PM tomorrow," he said, hanging up without so much as a goodbye.

Mondo didn't honestly like his job but his brother, Daiya was having a hard time paying for both of them and when Mondo found out how much money he could make from the job he took it in secret.

Mondo walked into the store quickly, he didn't want to be approached. He knew when he got home he'd have to plan the murder.

Mondo lied about the job he had, said he worked as a butler for rich people and that's how he got the money, and Daiya believed him. I mean, most people wouldn't think their little brother killed people for money and it was only a half-lie because he did work for rich people, just not as a butler.

Mondo quickly grabbed a basket for the things he was buying, it wasn't much. He made sure to be careful to buy the right pizza, he didn't like stuffed pizza it was too much on him at once and it was always incredibly overwhelming for the assassin. He also hated toppings, especially pepperoni for its disgusting feel on his tongue.

Daiya didn't seem to mind, nor did he think too much about Mondo's picky eating. So neither did Mondo. Mondo grabbed a cheese thin-crusted pizza. Multiple textures at once were the worst feeling to him, that's why he didn't like hamburgers with anything but just the meat, he didn't like cheeseburgers either.